Bleach bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moobar

Reaction score
:( I have a client that has decided that she wants to lighten her hair (base 1/2) after many home dye's and I was thinking of just going in for the kill with a bleach bath instead of using affassor (thinking this will give me a better result with the hair being so dark??

Any advice on this will be very much appreciated. Also what mix do you find works best with bleach baths?

thanks geeks....

no one at all has any advice......... :cry:

Effasor should be better than bleach for this purpose shouldn't it? Because you can mix with water or peroxide it is supposed to be more gentle?

Theres already a few threads about this recently.

Also have a search for 'hair glossing' as people have been saying that lifts the hair a little bit.

glossing is no good as client wants a lot of lift. she is 1/2 at min due to loads of home colouring :( so i was thinking of a bleach bath as to get more lift?

if she has been colouring that dark herself, even using an atom bomb may not shift it.
I would do test strands first, and tell her to be realistic about what can be acheived.

Ohh, the way I read it is you want to lift her a base 1/2!

I have managed to lift a black to around a base 7 before but as Dawn says, you need to strand test it and set some realistic expectations.
I find bleach baths to be more gentle that removal products. A removal product tends to get in there hard and fast, whereas you can mix a bleach bath to the strength you require. Slow and steady is the key.
To lift out black/dark brown, I would expect to do at least 2 bleach baths.

Personally after doing countless corrections on box dyes recently, id stick with the bleach bath rather than a remover, it shifts a lot quicker. I too have found that 2 bleach baths are required, due to the bucket load of build up of colour.
We had a lady recently that had an allergic rection to home dye and we strand tested her and no way in hell did it want to shift, I was very honest with her to say its not gonna happen. Definatly Strand test!! xoxo

Latest posts

Back