Bleach/ blonde advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I have recently come back into hairdressing and need some help with a client.

I have been doing 1/2 head bleach highlights with olaplex then toning with wella 10/16 & 9/60

Underneath her hair is her natural dark blonde colour about a 7 I haven’t touched this- she has Blonde tape hair extensions put in.

she feels it’s not bright enough blonde. I have attached pictures of her now and what she wants- I done her hair 2 weeks ago!

what’s the best way of lightening her hair all over (ends are very warm- she has used olaplex purple shampoo once)

Would appriciate any advice- the best way to lighten all over. Thank you

Attachments

• 6F07FE57-CF1B-40E0-9651-91D32C9009F5.jpeg
    6F07FE57-CF1B-40E0-9651-91D32C9009F5.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 61
  • CF67EB39-AAA8-4268-8DFD-35D38355FAD0.jpeg
    CF67EB39-AAA8-4268-8DFD-35D38355FAD0.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 62
  • E51E3BC6-342B-45EB-994A-EE5453A3DE47.jpeg
    E51E3BC6-342B-45EB-994A-EE5453A3DE47.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 58
To be honest, it looks to me as though the extensions are different colours.
The underneath sections obviously need to be lightened. But I can't imagine you'd want to attempt to lighten the extensions, so they'll need to be changed.
The colour you've achieved at the root area is very similar.
I would do a full head highlights and do them almost back to back through the lower half of the Head - all slices. When it comes to the top half obviously highlight the roots, and on any of the warmer ends I'd just take bleach + 1.9% through to gently lift.
To tone I'd use Colour touch 3parts 10/6 + 1part 10/81 + 1.9%

Thank you for your reply. This all sounds great- as she’s only recently had done she is going to wait for her next appointment for this.

however she really wants something done with the ends of her hair- Is there anything you would suggest to do to lighten these ends?

She does have extensions (I didn’t apply them) but know some people do dye them.

is there anything you would recommend me do- I have olaplex which I could use

not sure if anyones knows much about the olaplex purple shampoo & if this will help lighten her hair or will it just remove the yellow?

Thank you for your reply. This all sounds great- as she’s only recently had done she is going to wait for her next appointment for this.

however she really wants something done with the ends of her hair- Is there anything you would suggest to do to lighten these ends?

She does have extensions (I didn’t apply them) but know some people do dye them.

is there anything you would recommend me do- I have olaplex which I could use

not sure if anyones knows much about the olaplex purple shampoo & if this will help lighten her hair or will it just remove the yellow?
Shampoo doesn't lighten your hair?
Olaplex purple shampoo will deposit violet and neutralise any yellow. But don't forget purple shampoo often leaves the hair dull looking.
You can't tone the hair lighter, so the ends need to be lifted first, as for the extensions I've tinted them in the past, but never bleached / lightened.
I'm no expert when it comes to extensions mind, but I can't imagine that they would be heat resistant and smooth after bleaching, as they already go through quite a harsh chemical process - if they're real hair.

Yea that what I thought- the olaplex purple shampoo says it makes hair 3xBrighter. So I think she expected the colour to lift, but really it’s just neutralising the yellow.

Im Not that experienced with blondes- this client says her hair dulls really quickly (she never used purple shampoo before this though) is there anything that you could suggest to brighten her hair/ stop it dulling in between appointments if the purple shampoo could just end up adding to the dullness?

she was used to scalp bleach all over (root touch ups every4 weeks) for so long so it’s obviously a lot darker/duller now & hard to keep bright. She wanted softer look but still bright ends.

I explained it’s not a good idea to dye the hair extensions, she has a spare one and has asked to test it on that one just to try. There’s no harm in doing this so I thought I would give it a go.

I’m thinking 4% with bleach (1:2) & olaplex and leave in for 10-15 mins? Does this sound ok to you ir any other suggestions?

Yea that what I thought- the olaplex purple shampoo says it makes hair 3xBrighter. So I think she expected the colour to lift, but really it’s just neutralising the yellow.

Im Not that experienced with blondes- this client says her hair dulls really quickly (she never used purple shampoo before this though) is there anything that you could suggest to brighten her hair/ stop it dulling in between appointments if the purple shampoo could just end up adding to the dullness?

she was used to scalp bleach all over (root touch ups every4 weeks) for so long so it’s obviously a lot darker/duller now & hard to keep bright. She wanted softer look but still bright ends.

I explained it’s not a good idea to dye the hair extensions, she has a spare one and has asked to test it on that one just to try. There’s no harm in doing this so I thought I would give it a go.

I’m thinking 4% with bleach (1:2) & olaplex and leave in for 10-15 mins? Does this sound ok to you ir any other suggestions?
You could definitely try it and see what it comes out like.

I sometimes find my blonde clients hair gets a bit brassy and dull, I normally use a deep cleansing shampoo on it - this usually helps.
Sometimes there can be a build up of product, or even metalic deposits from hard water that can contribute.

Latest posts

Back