Bleach Brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAROL777

Reaction score
Hi I was Wondering What brand of bleach lifts the most and which one is recommended to lift dark brown hair like a level 2-3 to like a platinum... i know most bleaches says up to 7 levels like goldwell and wella blondor
but i was wondering which would be better?
i would never do this at home but im doing a research on best products so i know what to look for when i start meeting with the hair colororist

i much prefer goldwell. . seems to give a mych nicer lift than blondor. . x

Hi I was Wondering What brand of bleach lifts the most and which one is recommended to lift dark brown hair like a level 2-3 to like a platinum... i know most bleaches says up to 7 levels like goldwell and wella blondor
but i was wondering which would be better?
i would never do this at home but im doing a research on best products so i know what to look for when i start meeting with the hair colororist

Hi, Did you mean for a whole global head of blonde hair ?

if so usually most hairdressers are reluctant to lift from a dark brown to a full head global blonde

as dark brown isnt really the Ideal base for going an all over blonde
as it may compromise the hairs condition,
and also throw off many orangey tones which can be hard to tone,

plus the roots regrowth will pop through in a week and look really bad

I know this isnt what you really wanted to hear

but usually an all over blonde would be lifted from a base of ideally no darker than a level 6 which is dark blonde

even if it was achievable it would also be very expensive to maintain

you may be best to ask your hairdresser to do some test pieces first
to show you what is achievable for your hair :hug:

Hi, Did you mean for a whole global head of blonde hair ?

if so usually most hairdressers are reluctant to lift from a dark brown to a full head global blonde

as dark brown isnt really the Ideal base for going an all over blonde
as it may compromise the hairs condition,
and also throw off many orangey tones which can be hard to tone,

plus the roots regrowth will pop through in a week and look really bad

I know this isnt what you really wanted to hear

but usually an all over blonde would be lifted from a base of ideally no darker than a level 6 which is dark blonde

even if it was achievable it would also be very expensive to maintain

you may be best to ask your hairdresser to do some test pieces first
to show you what is achievable for your hair :hug:

u see right now im already like a level 11 blonde but the bottom is like a level 9 and i want an all over blonde level 11 white blonde i had a hair dresser for 7 months and he lifted pretty good but he keeped adding this purple toner and my hair was turning silver so i went to a diferent hair salon which they said they could do it and all she did diferent was not adding the toner just the bleach but on my second visit she ended up burning my hair off on the back so now i want my hair to grow out and do it again but not until a year or so ... but i want to research on hair salons colorist that are frequently doing this procedures and the products that are the best for this procedures... i dont mind the price as long as i get it right ...maintaining i usually used to go every 3 weeks i would go every 2 but i find it very damaging

u see right now im already like a level 11 blonde but the bottom is like a level 9 and i want an all over blonde level 11 white blonde i had a hair dresser for 7 months and he lifted pretty good but he keeped adding this purple toner and my hair was turning silver so i went to a diferent hair salon which they said they could do it and all she did diferent was not adding the toner just the bleach but on my second visit she ended up burning my hair off on the back so now i want my hair to grow out and do it again but not until a year or so ... but i want to research on hair salons colorist that are frequently doing this procedures and the products that are the best for this procedures... i dont mind the price as long as i get it right ...maintaining i usually used to go every 3 weeks i would go every 2 but i find it very damaging

Hi, you may keep encountering this every now and again because you are naturally dark and you have to be so very careful with bleach and very dark hair

If you really still want to go ahead
you may want to ask your hairdresser about a gentle oil bleach especially made for the scalp
it has no itch or burn but it is a powerful blue gel bleach which can lift to the purest of blondes,

The one I use is called proclere and it comes with boosters,
they also have proclere toners for use after the bleach is washed off
Loreal used to make one called Blondiss gel and boosters which was just the same,

But I think they have now replaced the Blondiss with Platinuim which also lifts very dark hair (but they have two types )

but as with all bleach when you are bleaching very dark hair if you overlap it (which is very easy to do) because the clients will want those very dark roots done more often than usual maintaining

.maintaining i usually used to go every 3 weeks i would go every 2 but i find it very damaging
[/QUOTE]

This is where the risk of overlap becomes greater and can in the future lead to breakage as the hair grows down
plus you already risk some damage due to intense high lifting with bleach

so unless you allow youself to grow a decent root regrowth each time you have your roots done
you may run the risk of overlapping and future breakage,

Sorry but I myself would advise against it as your hair is so very dark and you may always get problems

but on the other hand I would also say
the hairdresser would have to see it and test it first

as you may have good strong hair that lifts well ,:)
let us know what you decide and what your hairdresser says ? :)

P.s why are the ends a darker shade 9 ?

best will in the world it aint gonna happen hair that light on a base so dark ,some of the hair will dissolve, some will break and the rest will generally be rubbish id only entertain it if yourhair was fairlly short .

This is where the risk of overlap becomes greater and can in the future lead to breakage as the hair grows down
plus you already risk some damage due to intense high lifting with bleach

so unless you allow youself to grow a decent root regrowth each time you have your roots done
you may run the risk of overlapping and future breakage,

Sorry but I myself would advise against it as your hair is so very dark and you may always get problems

but on the other hand I would also say
the hairdresser would have to see it and test it first

as you may have good strong hair that lifts well ,:)
let us know what you decide and what your hairdresser says ? :)

P.s why are the ends a darker shade 9 ?[/quote]

most hairdressers are intimidated by this I've inconterred many already
but i know that ill find one that does this procedure frequently and thats what im am in search for i know its not impossible and takes time and thats why im researching :) but as soon as i find one that will ill def be posting back
idk why the bottom is a 9 they said is because ive used before the box color and they couldnt lift:irked:

hi i toohave this problem it's so annoying a high lift tint goe's brassy when i have full head foils it dosen't look like it's been done, and when i put a toner on once it does go brassy it ends up going bloody a grey colour.
i just want nice bright hair but have dark hair with warm tone's so feel like i will never get there ! my hair is very blonde at the moment but roots look black !! imight try that proclere oil, do u think it wouldlift dark brown or would it go ginger ?

Latest posts

Back