Bleach brands - help a student choose!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello all - I'm currently doing my L2 nvq in hairdressing and I want to buy some bleach powder and developer to use at home on friends/family/models to practice outside of training.

I have been looking at cheaper brands like s-pro but I'm slightly worried about using cheap brands.

My training provider uses matrix and my potential employer used redken - these seem to be the more expensive brands I wasn't sure I wanted to invest in for practice.

What do you guys think?
Is it best to use what I'm learning with or okay to go with a cheaper brand for now?

Hello all - I'm currently doing my L2 nvq in hairdressing and I want to buy some bleach powder and developer to use at home on friends/family/models to practice outside of training.

I have been looking at cheaper brands like s-pro but I'm slightly worried about using cheap brands.

My training provider uses matrix and my potential employer used redken - these seem to be the more expensive brands I wasn't sure I wanted to invest in for practice.

What do you guys think?
Is it best to use what I'm learning with or okay to go with a cheaper brand for now?
Personally I would invest in a decent bleach to ensure results and the hairs integrity. I find with some cheaper brands the texture is very grainy, which means the application is a lot different.

Personally I would invest in a decent bleach to ensure results and the hairs integrity. I find with some cheaper brands the texture is very grainy, which means the application is a lot different.
Thank you!

Hello,
Agree with Ronray, I find the cheaper ones don't always give even and predictable results.
Schwarzkopf Blondme is my go to

Latest posts

Back