Bleach developer and Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xamyx

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hello

I want to use bleach (blondor powder) and olaplex. I usually use bleach with double the amount of 20vol peroxide (1:2 ratio) When using olaplex it says to go up to 30 vol however I do not have this and am unable to get hold of any today.

I have only 20vol and 40 vol could I just use 40 vol and use more olaplex to dilute it? If so how much olaplex would I use say if I use 20ml bleach and 40ml peroxide?

Could I mix the 20 and 40vol somehow to make 30? I know you can dilute it with water but can't remember how much water I would use to dilut 40vol to get to 30?

Apologies if these are silly questions but I would really appreciate the help :) x

I don't find I need to up my peroxide. I just leave it to develop longer.

I THINK 30vol would be half 40 and half 20 if I remember right?! Or like 2 parts 40 and 1 part water?

Can't really remember tbh!

@cams97

1/2 20vol 1/2 40 vol = 30vol, don't use more Olaplex :)

Ok great, thank you for your replies, I will do half 40 and half 20vol.

Also just wanted to asK How much olaplex others usually put in? As I've read some people only put a couple of drops? What do you find works best for you?

Ok great, thank you for your replies, I will do half 40 and half 20vol.

Also just wanted to asK How much olaplex others usually put in? As I've read some people only put a couple of drops? What do you find works best for you?
Follow MIs when it comes to Olaplex.

I do a bowl (usually around 1.5 scoops) and 7.5 mls olaplex
I hate re mixing do I always make sure I mix enough on the 1'st go :)

Latest posts

Back