Bleach going really hot with clients own water

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C22

Reaction score
My cousin ( who I have never coloured her hair before) recently had her hair tinted with I would say a 6 ( only saw her at a party since).she was havin regular highlights using bleach , but her previous hairdresser has told her the bleach goes really hot as she has her own water at home . I've never come across this before, I know foils usually warm a little when processe

** when processing, and that having own water supply sometimes results in having a green tinge in the hair. She's now decided that she wants to go back blonde as she doesn't like the Brown, but I'm pretty scared, especially if we will be bringing bleach through roots to ends, that it will snap due to heat etc. has anyone come across this before and any advice?? Thank you

My cousin ( who I have never coloured her hair before) recently had her hair tinted with I would say a 6 ( only saw her at a party since).she was havin regular highlights using bleach , but her previous hairdresser has told her the bleach goes really hot as she has her own water at home . I've never come across this before, I know foils usually warm a little when processe

Why would there be water in the bleach if she's highlighting?

Sorry, I mean from washing her hair at home. It's just what the hairdressers have told her. I have never highlighted her hair before so not sure what they used etc. presumably just bleach! But the problem is that it heats up like crazy apparently.

Why would there be water in the bleach if she's highlighting?

Haha I think she means the bleach is reacting because she has well water at home! If she has there may be heavy metals present in her hair! Take a test cutting and try it first! See how hot it gets? Hth ;-)

Haha I think she means the bleach is reacting because she has well water at home! If she has there may be heavy metals present in her hair! Take a test cutting and try it first! See how hot it gets? Hth ;-)

ohhh lol i see...yeh sounds like metallic salts to me...heat is the sign of a chemical reaction which is why bleach does warm when you use it, but the hotter it is, the more chemicals there are in the hair that are reacting...sometimes the bleach changed state and goes really runny if there are are lot of metalic salts in there....definately do a test cutting :)

Oh that makes sense, thank u! Seems obvious why now! Would you say that if it does heat up alot this would cause breakage? I was thinking of using 20vol.

Oh that makes sense, thank u! Seems obvious why now! Would you say that if it does heat up alot this would cause breakage? I was thinking of using 20vol.

Ive seen it happen a few times where it hasn't compromised colour or condition atall but do a couple of tests from different places on the head just to make sure

I will do Definitely. It's weird because ive done her mums hair, and had no such problems, and they live in the same place! Maybe because it's shorter...hmm.thanks for your advice, was freaking out incase this is known to go drastically wrong !

Defo is well water if hair is heating up,id advice you do reaction test porisity test strength test etc.:)best of luckx

I had this with a client a couple of years ago. I went in with a very low strength peroxide because the packets were activating the bleach so fast. I worked swiftly thought the hair and by the time my packets were all in the first half had lifted and were ready to be taken out. So just visually develop as you go :)

Latest posts

Back