Bleach not lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
I have a regular client who for the last 2 yrs has been having L’Oréal dia richesse 601. She now would like balayage and has shown me picture below.
5994401162570dbd33ea9f19aa7a0d49.jpg

I took some test cuttings and applied L’Oréal bleach + 20 vol and did another with 30vol. Couldn’t get past level 7, quite coppery.
We then decided to use a colour remover. Not much change as she is a level 6 ( no grey) anyway but all tint removed.
Tried another test cutting and exactly the same again. Can’t understand why I am not able to lift it to at least a 9. Any advice appreciated.

Has your bleach gone off? If you’ve had it a while it’s a possibility ‍♀️ If not that have your peroxide’s oxidised? Just thoughts [emoji189]

As above, powder bleach definitely has a limited shelf life, even if it looks ok.
Are you using the matching brand developer, it does make a difference?

Only bought the bleach about 3 weeks ago and using a matching brand that is also fairly new.

I have a regular client who for the last 2 yrs has been having L’Oréal dia richesse 601. She now would like balayage and has shown me picture below.
5994401162570dbd33ea9f19aa7a0d49.jpg

I took some test cuttings and applied L’Oréal bleach + 20 vol and did another with 30vol. Couldn’t get past level 7, quite coppery.
We then decided to use a colour remover. Not much change as she is a level 6 ( no grey) anyway but all tint removed.
Tried another test cutting and exactly the same again. Can’t understand why I am not able to lift it to at least a 9. Any advice appreciated.
Try a chelating shampoo or malibu c cleanse on the hair first. Sounds like something is creating a barrier. What products/shampoos is she using?

Latest posts

Back