Bleach on scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi what’s the best treatment to put on scalp before bleaching to help soothe it?(before and after) I’m sure wella had a product for it but can’t remember what? Or any other suggestions please!

If you’re using the correct products for scalp bleaching, you shouldn’t need to use anything else. If the scalp is very sensitive and the client is not showing signs of an allergic reaction, use foils instead.

Hi thanks for reply, it’s actually for myself! I’ve used blondie cream bleach before but few years back and always had an itchy/sore scalp after but I want to go back blonde all over so just wondered if anyone has tried anything before hand like oils or scalp lotions and does it effect the lifting

I was actually going to suggest the blondor cream bleach, as cream lighteners are much more comfortable than powders. In fact I think oil/gel lighteners are probably the most comfortable, but I don't have much experience with them. I think redken has a new one out, maybe look into that.

There is a product called antidot pro, that apparently reduces irritation. I have never used it personally, I remember Tracy Cunningham raving about it on her instagram a couple of years ago. Maybe you could look into it.

I use Matrix oil additive. It’s amazing stuff xx

Hi thanks for reply, it’s actually for myself! I’ve used blondie cream bleach before but few years back and always had an itchy/sore scalp after but I want to go back blonde all over so just wondered if anyone has tried anything before hand like oils or scalp lotions and does it effect the lifting
What developer did you used to use?
Maybe drop the developer and leave a little longer. Make sure you use an anti oxy conditioner. I definitely recommend the blondor seal and care if it's available to you.
Make sure you don't wash your hair /scalp for a few days before - this is the best way to protect your scalp.
After you've lifted it, make sure you use a low pH shampoo. Also after you've finished colouring it, don't wash it for a few days to allow the acid mantel to rebalanced :)

What developer did you used to use?
Maybe drop the developer and leave a little longer. Make sure you use an anti oxy conditioner. I definitely recommend the blondor seal and care if it's available to you.
Make sure you don't wash your hair /scalp for a few days before - this is the best way to protect your scalp.
After you've lifted it, make sure you use a low pH shampoo. Also after you've finished colouring it, don't wash it for a few days to allow the acid mantel to rebalanced :)
Thank you will try these tips :)

Hi what’s the best treatment to put on scalp before bleaching to help soothe it?(before and after) I’m sure wella had a product for it but can’t remember what? Or any other suggestions please!

Sometimes regardless of what bleach and developer is chosen you can just be really sensitive. You can use the corrected product and the correct developer and it still be irritating because of the oxidation.

Schwarzkopf have just Brought out a product called scalp protect which is meant to be amazing to stop any sensitivity reaction to bleach.

Latest posts

Back