Bleach or hi lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamhair

Reaction score
what do you guys think is more damaging bleach or hi lift with 12% which can be left on for up to an hour?

Are you deciding between the two in order to achieve the best colour lift?

I think OP IS asking which is more damaging. I think it depends what volume of bleach you are using and the quality of the hair etc, but I think bleach and a low volume peroxide is less damaging personally :)

What do you think is potentially more damaging;
bleach powder, tint or developer?

I wanted to know if there was a reason behind deciding between the two :); often bleach is seen as more damaging (and if left for an hour on damaged/process hair it could be) however if used correctly it could cause less damage.

There's no simple answer to this question . As a lot depends on the quality of the hair you are putting it on . And whether it's applied correctly for example overlapping etc , .
I use both .
Both have their pros and cons
The trend seems to be to favour bleach over hi lift in hairdressers ( I would say those qualified in more recent years )

Bleach plus low vol developer (3% or 6%) over highlift tint plus 12% any day.

Thanks for your feedback. The current trend of overtoning is making me lean towards bleach on shorter hair but to be honest have never done bleach scalp application on mid length hair and longer (as it terrifies me doing the regrowth)I then tend to hilite over the top area with bleach do root tint with hilift and tone if needed.

It's just the same as a regrowth on shorter hair . The only problem I found with bleach whilst I was working in salons is that I like to check it frequently . ( foils included ) and it's not always possible when you are trying to give your next customer your undivided attention
It's no problem now I'm mobile .
I don't think you can get a clean level 10 using highlift , in which case bleach is better
However not everybody wants an icy blonde ,
If the desired colour can be achieved in one sitting using tint I tend to go for that
And have no problems with the condition of the hair afterwards

Latest posts

Back