Bleach quantity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulip04

Reaction score
Hi i decided to bleach my own hair at home. Im not a hairdresser but just needed to ask how much bleach powder in ratio with peroxide to bleach black hair which was box dyed last time was 5 months ago. Then i put toner on... but then im going to dye it ash blonde to get a light ash brown

Hi i decided to bleach my own hair at home. Im not a hairdresser but just needed to ask how much bleach powder in ratio with peroxide to bleach black hair which was box dyed last time was 5 months ago. Then i put toner on... but then im going to dye it ash blonde to get a light ash brown
My advice, leave it to a professional.

I know it’s tempting to diy but you risk damaging your hair.

May I ask what makes you want to do it yourself? If it’s financially driven then perhaps attend a salons model night where you can get it done cheaply by a trainee, at least they’ll be a teacher overseeing who can step in if corrections are needed.

Good luck

Xox

My advice, leave it to a professional.

I know it’s tempting to diy but you risk damaging your hair.

May I ask what makes you want to do it yourself? If it’s financially driven then perhaps attend a salons model night where you can get it done cheaply by a trainee, at least they’ll be a teacher overseeing who can step in if corrections are needed.

Good luck

Xox

Yesss its truly tempting. Yes its financially coz where I live it would cost me a whole month salary. Not only that opening hours of the salons are impoasible for me. Once I tried doing the student model thing but they immediately refused 😂

Could you post a picture of your hair now, a clear picture with good lighting and your hair down so we can see the length and thickness.
I should warn you what your about to do is a very risky undertaking, even a lot of professionals struggle removing black from the hair, let alone getting it to blonde. But we will try our best to advise you.

Could you post a picture of your hair now, a clear picture with good lighting and your hair down so we can see the length and thickness.
I should warn you what your about to do is a very risky undertaking, even a lot of professionals struggle removing black from the hair, let alone getting it to blonde. But we will try our best to advise you.
Ditto, I would also say if you are set on undertaking it yourself try a cream bleach as a powdered one is more likely to irritate the scalp.

Also, I’d recommend a skin test 48 hours before you plan to do this.

A pea sized dot behind your ear should show if you’re going to get a reaction and better to get a little dot rash behind your ear rather than waiting till it’s on your whole head and starts to react

Hope that helps, I look forward to seeing the photo of the starting point.

Another point while I remember, are you happy to have short hair or are you wanting it to be long?

Xox

Latest posts

Back