Bleach shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Hi
I havent really done a bleach/cleansing shampoo before. I am trying to go lighter next week and am going to have a bleach shampoo on my hair. Are they damaging? the technicain always says they are very gentle, but im quite worried as if it is stripping colour it cant be that gentle!! any bad experiences with one?
x

Some color removers are more gentle than a "bleach wash" however if this is all that is available, when used correctly they are no more damaging. The biggest issue is there is no cosmetic finish to a bleach wash (waxes or conditioners) so the hair feels very dry and brittle until the color service is completed.

Biggest hint, DON'T panic, your hair will likely turn orange and feel nasty just after the wash. The color after and reccommended conditioners and treatments make your hair feel all better again.

hiya
yep im prepared to go orange! especially how much red is in my hair already! i did a strand test today and it was salmon, but its amazing how much it actually lifted, it was about 4 shades, yet ive been tinting it dark for about a year! and the hair felt ok afterwards.
thanks for the reply!
x

i have never done a bleach bath, do you have to use a product like effasor ? or can you mix your own? what do you use ?
i can vaguely remeber teachers on about it at college but cant reember too much , lol

i have never done a bleach bath, do you have to use a product like effasor ? or can you mix your own? what do you use ?
i can vaguely remeber teachers on about it at college but cant reember too much , lol

Hi, it usually a bit of powder bleach a bit of shampoo in a bowl with some peroxide diluted with warm water its normaly applied with a sponge at the backwash on dry hair on the darkest parts first , I will look up the exact quantitys tonight and pm you :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back