Bleach which brands ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
I wondered (hope this hasnt been asked before) which bleach brands are kindest to hair? I ask as I have my hair bleached in foils and am looking to suggest a better brand of bleach to my hairdresser, currently I am a natural 4/0, so looking to achieve the lightest blond possible I have roots done every 8 weeks and it has to be left on an hour! shocking!
thanks

hiya
i wouldve thought the majority of proper bleaches are as damaging as each other, although wellas blonder lightening system is gentler, but i wouldnt say u achieve as blond a result! if you're just doing it on your roots each time it shouldnt be too bad should it?:green:

hi,there is a new bleach out called blonde me you can only us 6-9% only and it lifts up to 8 shades,realy good for darker natural,or coloured darker.

its kinder hope that helps

hi,there is a new bleach out called blonde me you can only us 6-9% only and it lifts up to 8 shades,realy good for darker natural,or coloured darker.

its kinder hope that helps
Where is this available to buy?

in capital hair and beauty,and shud also be in all the other leading hairdressing holesalers,when you next go ask them if thay sell it or if thay now of a holesalers in your area that sales it !

i use v-lights hun, its quite expensive because its supposedly not as damaging as the usual bleaches, it also lifts 2 a beautiful colour, its a matrix product by the way! xxx

i use v-lights hun, its quite expensive because its supposedly not as damaging as the usual bleaches, it also lifts 2 a beautiful colour, its a matrix product by the way! xxx

Now is this available as a mobile stylist i.e wholesalers apose to a rep?
Im looking for a bleach with added oils? Or a more conditioning bleach? I realise bleach is bleach so to speak but wondered if there was a more "conditioning" one on the market that im not familiar with.

I love Scruples Power Blonde, it works great on dark levels , brings it to a beautiful blonde while still leaving u'r hair soft.:)

I have heard of scruples before but I think its only available overseas i.e Usa/Canada?

Blondme is made by Schwarzkopf x

There are some oil bleaches out there, but they are usually for on the scalp techniques such as proclere oil bleach for whole head bleaching and bleaching the roots, then a toner would be applied afterwards ,
whilst this is fab bleach it swells up all mousse like and bubbly , way too much swelling to be used in foil packages

I myself just love the Maji Meche , as it has no ammonia , x

Last edited:
Blondme is made by Schwarzkopf x

There are some oil bleaches out there, but they are usually for on the scalp techniques such as proclere oil bleach for whole head bleaching and bleaching the roots, then a toner would be applied afterwards ,
whilst this is fab bleach it swells up all mousse like and bubbly , way too much swelling to be used in foil packages

I myself just love the Maji Meche , as it has no ammonia , x

whats majimeche like? I have seen it but never used it I trained using Wella mainly and some occasions use the majirel main colours but never the majimeche is it a cream or powder?

whats majimeche like? I have seen it but never used it I trained using Wella mainly and some occasions use the majirel main colours but never the majimeche is it a cream or powder?

Hi , paulette ; Its both , cream and powder sachets majimeche now called (double cream ) is its like a tube of cream and a pack of sachets
you add the sachets according to the pack directions and the lift you require

Another other one I like is by Indola Supermeche ,
the same thing again a tube, and it has some sachets with it too ,
and you have to add the developer also .

Proclere do a herbal meche lightening cream system with lightening powder sachets too.

and for afterwards they do lovely conditioning toners which are made specially to be used on any highlighted or bleached hair without the fear of grab

they have no peroixde and are ammonia free and can be used all the time for refreshing as
they are so gentle

colours are ;
platinum blonde
sweet silver
blissfully blonde
intoxicating ivory
and beautiful beige.

I find all these meche systems leave the hair super shiny and in nicer condition
but they can be a bit more slippery to work with than powder bleach :hug: x

Last edited:
Thanks for info Minky, I work "with" my hairdresser when it comes to my hair and as Im a professional she doesnt take offence to my ideas.

sorry for the slow reply hun, we get our vlights from aston and finch, they have a sight online and there are quite a few of the warehouses dotted arround xx

I have a full head bleach and use Wella blondor lightening cream and 3% (10 vol) I never have it run through the ends, but that is quite gentle being cream... I am about a 7/0, but even as a 4/0 surely it would only need 6% on roots and half hour? An hour seems a bit scary!!:eek: If your ends are not as you want, maybe asking to have a toner through after rather than bleach all the way through is better if thats what your hairdresser does? (sorry if it's not you didnt say!) or i also had bleach run through with 1.9% to refresh the other week. Dont think any bleach does it any favours but i am sat with a conditioning treatment on as i type!!! Maybe invest in a good conditioner... Hope that is some help! x

Roots are only done now! As it is light enough. In the beginning we used Wella Magma 89+ which is perfect and then bleach for the other foil. I know it is a regular bleach and wondered about a cream or better brand of bleach to use really.
This time she added some dark again but I dont like it I prefer to be blonder, I see what she was trying to achieve but I dont like any dark Id rather be lighter... thankfully as it was a colourtouch again its fading as I wash it.
I think Ill stay with Wella Magma 89+ and another light colour next time I dont mind the multi tonal but would prefer it with a lighter colour apose to a darker if it makes sense.

After many years have used every bleach going, nothing beats Sally's own make bleach, about £4.99 a box ace colour, 30-40vol 15 mins under the processor Voila!!!!!!!!!! Cant see how it takes an hour, its gonna be this time factor that wrecks your hair not necessarily the bleach . You can also mix in some reconstructor with the bleach, i use NRG by La Maur

I have blonde me on my hair and it gives a great colour for people with dark base colour. It doesn't need to be left on the hair for a long time so even better

I would have thought its the time factor causing the damage rather than the type of bleach, 30-40vol, foil sachets, gentle heat for 15-20mins max should be ample. I always use Technique bleach from Sallys and never had a prob x

Latest posts

Back