Bleach won’t rinse out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlucid.acidx

Reaction score
Okay so this is not my first time bleaching my hair at home, but I’ve never experienced this until now. The last two times I bleached my hair it seems that the bleach won’t completely rinse out. I rinsed it with warm water then used shampoo and repeated because it feels almost slimy. About 20 minutes ago I wash trying to wash out the bleach for almost 30 minutes, I got out of the shower and noticed that it still have a residue feeling like if I have left over shampoo. Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this?

If it’s gone slimy or like candy floss, the hair is severely damaged and will be breaking off close to the scalp. No amount of professional products can repair hair that has gone past breaking point.

If it’s gone slimy or like candy floss, the hair is severely damaged and will be breaking off close to the scalp. No amount of professional products can repair hair that has gone past breaking point.
The thing is I have no breakage and no hair is falling, I combed through it. My hair just feels.. soapy almost, it’s hard to explain it dries fine and it still feels soft and my curls are fine but when it’s wet it doesn’t feel clean if that makes sense

Did you use an anti oxy afterwards to close down the cuticle layer?

Did you use an anti oxy afterwards to close down the cuticle layer?
Ah, no, do you think that could be why it felt soapy the last 2 times?

I’m guessing you’re not qualified because that’s a basic step when lifting hair?

I personally think you'd hydrolised your keratin bonds by pushing the hair too far. It may not be snapping now, but I predict it will soon. You need to take extremely good care of it right away. You need a good repair shampoo and conditioner, sulphate free. You need to be using a really good leave in conditioner and keep heat styling to a minimum. I seriously wouldn't bleach or any use any other chemicals on it.

Latest posts

Back