bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
as you know i am only training but i have a question for me.
i have my t section woven with foils and bleach, have done for about 2 years , i use good shampoo and conditioners but having thick and porous hair, it takes a lot of product to style, ....would it be possible that my regrowth was done using a permanent colour, i am a bog standard 6.0 and was wondering about highlift tints instead of bleach also one tutor mentioned blonde meche but i thought that was for previousley coloured hair ?????for my regrowth, i am going to discuss this with my tutor tomorrow but wondered if any of you can throw in ideas.....my pic is my profile pic...and thats what colour i am now (with bleach) hair is a bit shorter.

solved going to use 12. plus a bit of 12.1 to retouch my root area and hopefully grow the bleach out......

Hi sorry I missed this one Joanne
but I think that is a good choice of tint also :hug: x
what Vol will you be using ?

Hi sorry I missed this one Joanne
but I think that is a good choice of tint also :hug: x
what Vol will you be using ?

it has to be 12%/ 40 vol with it being high lift..

ohhh joanne!!!
you sound soooooo like you know what you are on about!!!!

i personally would suggest a 123/421 with a mix of 7/47( thats an aeroplane!) with a tiny smidge of 0/00 with a 657% alternate!!!!

good luck!!! lmao

ohhh joanne!!!
you sound soooooo like you know what you are on about!!!!

i personally would suggest a 123/421 with a mix of 7/47( thats an aeroplane!) with a tiny smidge of 0/00 with a 657% alternate!!!!

good luck!!! lmao

pmsl..... we have just started our level 2 units...so of course i think i know what i am on about pmsl......:lol::lol:

Hi Joanne you can also use a high lift tint with 9% - 30 volume too :hug: x

minky xxx

Only thing to be wary of is banding and root glow . so its best not to let your regrowth get to more than 1/2 inch as the first cm always lifts up well with the heat from the head , any excess will be golden. and if you have it done often you will get a slight overlap which will give a really light colour .

Only thing to be wary of is banding and root glow . so its best not to let your regrowth get to more than 1/2 inch as the first cm always lifts up well with the heat from the head , any excess will be golden. and if you have it done often you will get a slight overlap which will give a really light colour .

what advice would you give .....my regrowth is about a good inch.
i want to stick to blonde but just fed up with bleach....

Hi Joanne you can also use a high lift tint with 9% - 30 volume too :hug: x

minky xxx

thanks minky i looked at the clynol colour chart and its says for highlift a base of 6. use 12 % i thought initially 9% would be ok.

just to re-iterate...this isnt for a diy home job this is to be done at college under the supervision of a tutor.......thats why i have asked on here to get an understanding and knowledge so i can discuss with my tutor as we have our blow dry comp (allowed to work on each other coming up) and are allowed to cut and colour in preperation for it.
(just thought i would mention it incase any others reading the thread think i am arming myself with advice on here to do my own hair......just with the hair forum rules being bumped up dont want peeps thinking i am asking so i can do a diy job)

thanks minky i looked at the clynol colour chart and its says for highlift a base of 6. use 12 % i thought initially 9% would be ok.

Hi Joanne good luck with your hairdressing training ,

does Clynol say you can also use 30 vol 9% on lighter bases than a level 6 or does it just say 12% on level 6

its important for all of us hairdressers to remember to just follow the manufactures instructions , as some high lift tints may be different from each other :hug: x

what advice would you give .....my regrowth is about a good inch.
i want to stick to blonde but just fed up with bleach....
A Virgin application- you'll end up witha gold band and need to address that! (unless of course you are after a glowing halo look:eek:)

as you know i am only training but i have a question for me.
i have my t section woven with foils and bleach, have done for about 2 years , i use good shampoo and conditioners but having thick and porous hair, it takes a lot of product to style, ....would it be possible that my regrowth was done using a permanent colour, i am a bog standard 6.0 and was wondering about highlift tints instead of bleach also one tutor mentioned blonde meche but i thought that was for previousley coloured hair ?????for my regrowth, i am going to discuss this with my tutor tomorrow but wondered if any of you can throw in ideas.....my pic is my profile pic...and thats what colour i am now (with bleach) hair is a bit shorter.

Hi Joanne sorry I went a bit off topic there :smack: and wasn't answering your question properly

I think your hair is nice as it is
and I like the bleach foil highlights too as it always gives a better lift on a level 6 than a high lift tint,
especially if you have a lot of gold tones that can come out during processing
:hug: x

after reading all your advice, maybe i should stick to bleach foils instead of going for high lift tint on my re-growth......i get it trimmed often...its this hairdressing malarcky makes you want to have allsorts done pmsl....
thanks girls...dont know what i would do without you guys......well obviousley i would have 5 toned hair and a halo...lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As long as you keep your hair short and you only do regrowth on the foils -bleaching/toning shouldn't be an issue. Looks nice to me.

As long as you keep your hair short and you only do regrowth on the foils -bleaching/toning shouldn't be an issue. Looks nice to me.

ah thank you, its getting done monday then at college the tutor wants to put clynol meche .99 in the fringe

after reading all your advice, maybe i should stick to bleach foils instead of going for high lift tint on my re-growth......i get it trimmed often...its this hairdressing malarcky makes you want to have allsorts done pmsl....
thanks girls...dont know what i would do without you guys......well obviousley i would have 5 toned hair and a halo...lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That's when you really know you are in hairdressing!!!:) Thankfully you are being patient and won't end up with 5 tones and a halo, you'll also come out of school one of the few who don't melt, disintegrate or burn their hair off!

all done
bleach also 8.99 through the fringe

Attachments

• me2.JPG
    me2.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back