Bleached hair.....want to go darker blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
my hair is bleached and i am booked in tomorrow for colour correction at 10 am, i was wondering what option will i be offered can i go a nice darker blonde over bleach????, or will they just put a toner on.....just wanted to know what to expect and not expect, any advice of what option would be available to me at the hairdressers with my hair being bleached already.....
many thanks :hug:

Hi Joanne

Yes you will be able to go a darker blonde. But expect to have it fade the first time quite qucikly as your hair is very porous and the cuticle needs to be re filled.
Not too sure what your hairstylist will do. It depends on the type of color line she uses. Some already have the fillers built into them and those that don't, you will need a two step process..fill and color.
Make sure you can see a swatch of the color.

Here is a hint to do at home...tonite..deep condition your hair.

Not tommorrow before you appt, but tonite. This will help in evening the porosity out and make a more even color for you.

Another idea is to not get All your hair colored the same color, have the stylist leave small pieces out for a highlighted look.

Good luck with it.

quick jo,
go and dip your head in some conditioner!!!
sorry i couldnt resist!!
can she have darker lo lites on bleached hair?
only asking as we are not sure lol

i deep conditioned it this afternoon, i have really strong hair......luckily because i know if i didnt it would have all broken off......
yes me and nikki wondered if i could have light brown low lights put in and also a toner to take the (gwen stefani gone wrong white/yellow out

yes you can have bright red ones if you want..the possiblities are unlimited.
Just expect some quick fading at first

Hi jo
I really hope you get your hair sorted out tomorrow
if it has some yellow in it you may be able to just tone the yellow down,
but its impossible to say without seeing it first
but JDs option sounds good

hope you got my message ok as I tend to faff about with computers
good luck with your hair let us all know how you get on:hug:

allsorted phewwwwwwwwwww
i got some caramel peices and darker blonde and she foiled some of the blonde all ready there....then i went for the victoria beckam chop.......thanks girls your advice really re assured me i really had visions of her saying...mmmnnnn no you will have to walk around like gwen gone wrong for the rest of your life...................
HAIRDRESSERS ARE THE DOGS WATSITS.........i love em :hug:

allsorted phewwwwwwwwwww
i got some caramel peices and darker blonde and she foiled some of the blonde all ready there....then i went for the victoria beckam chop.......thanks girls your advice really re assured me i really had visions of her saying...mmmnnnn no you will have to walk around like gwen gone wrong for the rest of your life...................
HAIRDRESSERS ARE THE DOGS WATSITS.........i love em :hug:

Hi
I am glad you are happy with your hair,
nothing worse than wearing something you don't really like,
As JDs says though be careful of fade especially in strong sunlight
and only use the best colour keeping shampoo and conditioners.
I'm happy for you now :hug:

picture in the gallery...imagine yesterday it was gone wrong peroxide white/yellow bob...

Fantastic cut and color Joanne!!

Fantastic cut and color Joanne!!

she did an amazing job, when i arrived she just looked and said what she would like to do, so i just let her get on with it...and it turned out fantastic she picked all the colours that really warmed my skin tone up and its really made my eyes look amazing blue

Jo - as I said in the gallery - you look absolutely fantastic - what a fab hair cut and colour - I am so pleased that it all turned out fab for you :hug:

bloomin' gawgeous mate:hug:love it

Hi
Talented Hairstylist you got there
It looks really fab:hug:

:)Very Nice! Looks Great on You!

Latest posts

Back