Bleached hi lite to dark brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2231

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client with shoulder length hair. She has been having hi lites for a couple of years now bleach and 20vol. She uses clip in hair extensions and uses a lot of heat and the damage is now beginning to show. She does not get it trimmed regularly. She now wants to go a dark brown as she feels it will look glossy and disguise the damage. She is looking at around a 5, 5/3. I have discussed various alternatives to improve the condition, Not so much heat, not using the extensions, treatments. None of these she will do. If I were to go ahead with the colour change would I need to pre pig first. The last colour we did was hi lites bleach and 20 vol, with some 6/0 scattered to break it all up which she loved. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have a client with shoulder length hair. She has been having hi lites for a couple of years now bleach and 20vol. She uses clip in hair extensions and uses a lot of heat and the damage is now beginning to show. She does not get it trimmed regularly. She now wants to go a dark brown as she feels it will look glossy and disguise the damage. She is looking at around a 5, 5/3. I have discussed various alternatives to improve the condition, Not so much heat, not using the extensions, treatments. None of these she will do. If I were to go ahead with the colour change would I need to pre pig first. The last colour we did was hi lites bleach and 20 vol, with some 6/0 scattered to break it all up which she loved. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
If the hair is in poor condition, definitely pre pig. You're dropping quite a few levels too so I would.
How committed is she to going dark.
Seems silly that she won't sacrifice clip ins, or heat styling but is willing to sacrifice the colour she loves??
Why is she not willing to use treatments?

Thank you for replying. She is away at uni so does not come to me regularly enough for me to do the treatment and does not do them herself. It is a battle with the heat tools and clip ins and sadly she won't listen. Honestly I don't think she is ready to go dark so I am trying to put her off as much as I can because of the condition of her hair. What would you use to pre pig and thinking about it I may go for the 6 range, 6/3 so its not too dark. I feel the best for her hair would be to grow the colour out and then use glosses or semis to give shine. Her natural base is around 6 or7 but she isn't sold on that.

Thank you for replying. She is away at uni so does not come to me regularly enough for me to do the treatment and does not do them herself. It is a battle with the heat tools and clip ins and sadly she won't listen. Honestly I don't think she is ready to go dark so I am trying to put her off as much as I can because of the condition of her hair. What would you use to pre pig and thinking about it I may go for the 6 range, 6/3 so its not too dark. I feel the best for her hair would be to grow the colour out and then use glosses or semis to give shine. Her natural base is around 6 or7 but she isn't sold on that.
If she's naturally a 7 or even a 6, you could drop the developer to 3% or 4% for the bleach. Do fine highlights, and then pack in a lot of lowlights so that she's still blonde like she wants , but it's lower maintenance and less damage. She will feel her hair is in better condition because it'll appear smoother and shinier. Could you try and retail a leave in conditioner that will help with the general condition and heat protection. Involves very minimal effort compared to an actually treatment.

That must be so hard to work with a client that just won't do their share of the work to keep their hair nice. More power to you and all the ones that do that.

Good luck.

Why don’t you suggest a balayage as you can add lots of dark and still feel blonde?

If she's naturally a 7 or even a 6, you could drop the developer to 3% or 4% for the bleach. Do fine highlights, and then pack in a lot of lowlights so that she's still blonde like she wants , but it's lower maintenance and less damage. She will feel her hair is in better condition because it'll appear smoother and shinier. Could you try and retail a leave in conditioner that will help with the general condition and heat protection. Involves very minimal effort compared to an actually treatment.
Hi, yes I will suggest that and try and get her to her end journey slower. That would work better for the condition. Many Thanks

That must be so hard to work with a client that just won't do their share of the work to keep their hair nice. More power to you and all the ones that do that.

Good luck.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back