Bleached my hair with highlights but not light enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello,

I had bleach highlights put in a week ago after 4 months of no colour due to lockdown. I had lots of fine highlights and I’m happy with the blend - there is no stripeyness and a toner was used to make the highlights a golden tone.

The issue is my hair has not gone as light as I hoped, possibly because there was about 2 inches of regrowth (im a natural level 4/5.) so I’m thinking maybe the slightly duller darker overall colour around my roots is simply because the other half of my darker hair at the roots would also need to be highlighted to create more of a lift?

so my question is could I get my regrowth bleached again over the next few days, primarily on the parts which weren’t previously bleached? Would this provide a lighter tone overall?

Possibly. Although it’s very tricky to re-do recent highlights taking care not to pick up any bleached hair when weaving. You don’t want to risk adding more bleach to recently bleached hair.

Too late now, but it might have been better getting colour painted between the foils to lift the rest of the hair up to a level 7 if you wanted a lighter overall look.

Have you spoken to your hairdresser?

She has suggested coming back to have more highlights added to my regrowth section but said she doesn’t want to tone again because I only had my hair toned last week and she said it’ll deposit too much pigment. Is that true even if she used the same toner as last time? I worry that the added highlights will stand out against the rest of my hair if she doesn’t?

Bleach always needs toning in my opinion but there are lots of products you can tone with, including a mousse (semi) and it won’t deposit too much pigment.

Latest posts

Back