Quantcast

Bleached roots won't tone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I want to pick ur brains on the best way to avoid bleached roots not taking a toner...
A few times even to myself I've done my roots then whn I've added my toner to wet hair it's not took!!
Xx

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I want to pick ur brains on the best way to avoid bleached roots not taking a toner...
A few times even to myself I've done my roots then whn I've added my toner to wet hair it's not took!!
Xx
Have u toned all over or just the roots?
what are you using to tone?
what are you using to bleach?
whats your natural base?

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Its in general,when u do a blonde clients roots then tone at the bk wash, :) xx

LAPirate

Reaction score
What undercoat have you achieved by bleaching and what are you toning with? If its not pale enough after bleach a pastel or level 10 more not be man enough and you might need to drop down to a 9 or 8 level or leave the bleach longer. ;)

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
If you don't lift enough, it won't tone.
if you apply a toner all over, it will grab on the ends before the roots as they will be more porous.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Well my friend she has her roots done (she's abt level 12blonde) and the toner I am using 2night is colour touch 8/81 to get a slivery effect...
But I've done my own roots before then toned with matrix 8v and my roots didnt take at all xx

kaiguest

Reaction score
i dont understand how it can not take tbh. just make sure you rinse and shampoo thoroughly is all i can think, make sure you use a professional shampoo to cleanse after just incase its something to do with the silicones in the shampoo.

put the 8/81 with 4% on root first then once they look like they're on their way pull it through then just watch it :) x

oh and also make sure you're putting enough tint on

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
With me I have light blonde hair(bleached) so I have to do my roots. I bleach my roots with 6% and lift to the correct level...then wash the bleach off then always use a toner, different ones depending on weather I want to b more ash or violet the next..
I always find that the previously bleached roots don't always take the colour from the toner...
I never bleach someone's hair without toning afterwards.. Xx

Latest posts