Bleached roots won't tone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I want to pick ur brains on the best way to avoid bleached roots not taking a toner...
A few times even to myself I've done my roots then whn I've added my toner to wet hair it's not took!!
Xx

Hello geeks,
I want to pick ur brains on the best way to avoid bleached roots not taking a toner...
A few times even to myself I've done my roots then whn I've added my toner to wet hair it's not took!!
Xx

Have u toned all over or just the roots?
what are you using to tone?
what are you using to bleach?
whats your natural base?

Its in general,when u do a blonde clients roots then tone at the bk wash, :) xx

What undercoat have you achieved by bleaching and what are you toning with? If its not pale enough after bleach a pastel or level 10 more not be man enough and you might need to drop down to a 9 or 8 level or leave the bleach longer. ;)

If you don't lift enough, it won't tone.
if you apply a toner all over, it will grab on the ends before the roots as they will be more porous.

Well my friend she has her roots done (she's abt level 12blonde) and the toner I am using 2night is colour touch 8/81 to get a slivery effect...
But I've done my own roots before then toned with matrix 8v and my roots didnt take at all xx

i dont understand how it can not take tbh. just make sure you rinse and shampoo thoroughly is all i can think, make sure you use a professional shampoo to cleanse after just incase its something to do with the silicones in the shampoo.

put the 8/81 with 4% on root first then once they look like they're on their way pull it through then just watch it :) x

oh and also make sure you're putting enough tint on

With me I have light blonde hair(bleached) so I have to do my roots. I bleach my roots with 6% and lift to the correct level...then wash the bleach off then always use a toner, different ones depending on weather I want to b more ash or violet the next..
I always find that the previously bleached roots don't always take the colour from the toner...
I never bleach someone's hair without toning afterwards.. Xx

Latest posts

Back