Bleaching advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melk2412

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a natural auburn but have been having my hair coloured brunette by professionals for years.
Grey hair now coming in faster than I can keep up with so I've been advised to go lighter in order to allow the greys to blend in.
I've now got a full head of blonde highlights. I've no idea of the make up of the highlights but the basic trouble is I'm not sure if blonde is really my colour. Cant afford the upkeep of brunette anymore though because of the grey.
Anyone have any recommendations re Wella colour for a natural auburn with freckly skin? Is a full head of highlights better than an all over colour?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, if the upkeep is your problem, stay away from full head colours. That harsh line you get with regrowth is your problem. Highlights don’t fix the problem, but they do help disguise. It all depends how they are done. But, now they are done if your feeling too blonde, maybe ask for some lowlights to be placed, lowlights that match your natural colour and apply that same colour to the root, tell them you felt it was too light and ask if they can spread the highlights out a bit more next time and be sure they remember each time why you are getting them in the first place. So that they remember and can do your colour with that in mind

Latest posts

Back