Bleaching disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Jane

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had a client in on Friday she had been to previous salons so as usual in my consultation I asked what she previously had done . She said she had a half head of highlights (bleach) which they normally put on under heat and leave longer than normal because she said her hair was stubborn to lift.

So I went in with igora vario blonde bleach and 20vol as it being the 1st time I had done it. I literally put bleach on her roots ( natural base 5/6 I'd say) Foils half head left for 35 min max .... we then rinsed her roots were still brassy so I used dialight 9.01 as a toner left for 5/10 min max (never had problem with this before) as I was brushing her hair through I could see it snapping off applied treatment then we blasted dry colour result was still slightly brassy roots and white blonde almost grey lengths and ends!

I need advice on removing the white ash colour as she doesn't like it it's literally the hair around her hair line. And tackling her brassy roots without causing any more damage! Advice would be greatly appreciated xx

The grey tone should wash out after a few shampoos, make sure she is doing treatments and it should be ok.

If it's snapping off it wouldn't be responsible to colour again x

Do you have access to a Olaplex? This would help with the condition of her hair tremendously and help stop if from breaking off. The tone should wash out and you can try using a clarifying shampoo and maybe even retone it. Is she taking any medication? She may also have some kind of mineral build up on her hair..?

I don't have olaplex but I use L'Oréal smart bond they say it's similar to olaplex . I think I may have to retone. She seemed a bit of a fibber one min she had toners before next never and kept changing her story etc. I'm just not sure what to retone with I've been doing hair 9 years and never had this problem before she said she's not on any medication though x

The grey tone should wash out after a few shampoos, make sure she is doing treatments and it should be ok.

If it's snapping off it wouldn't be responsible to colour again x

I know I am going to advise agains colouring and try and just do a deep conditioning treatment but I have a feeling she's not going to be happy with that suggestion x

I know I am going to advise agains colouring and try and just do a deep conditioning treatment but I have a feeling she's not going to be happy with that suggestion x
. I would apply bleach and 1.9 pastel to the roots for the root glow as this slowly gets rid of unwanted tones without lifting a level. Once lifted apply to silver area lifting it out lastly. Once the hair is a clean 10, tone with desired tone with colour touch as this will add gloss

Ask her if she's happy to take her home in a bag then and see what she says to that x

Ask her if she's happy to take her home in a bag then and see what she says to that x
I totally agree !!! I think sometimes pepole need I find out the hard way

lol I know ae there is no telling some people but she's the type that I can see making my life hell regardless x

The trouble is, if clients can't be honest with us about their previous hair history, they shouldn't be suprised when things don't go to plan. We ask the questions for a reason and so that we can make the right choices for them. Sometimes I think they are so desperate to get it done they say anything and don't actually think that it could cause damage.

The trouble is, if clients can't be honest with us about their previous hair history, they shouldn't be suprised when things don't go to plan. We ask the questions for a reason and so that we can make the right choices for them. Sometimes I think they are so desperate to get it done they say anything and don't actually think that it could cause damage.

Yip. Clients, like patients with doctors do lie.

I had client lie to me about her daughter's headlice. Like I am that stupid not to look.

Yip. Clients, like patients with doctors do lie.

I had client lie to me about her daughter's headlice. Like I am that stupid not to look.

How did she lie about headlice? Lool

How did she lie about headlice? Lool

She had mentioned at appt she had got them and didn't know where from. Roll onto next appt that she had also booked her in as well, I messaged day before to remind/confirm. Asked if daughter was sorted. She said she hadn't seen any more. At appt I looked in at nape and was teaming with eggs!! :eek: no way you could have missed them!

She had mentioned at appt she had got them and didn't know where from. Roll onto next appt that she had also booked her in as well, I messaged day before to remind/confirm. Asked if daughter was sorted. She said she hadn't seen any more. At appt I looked in at nape and was teaming with eggs!! :eek: no way you could have missed them!

That's horrible it's neglect! How can you let your child live with that!

She said she thought it was dandruff. Then she said the tea tree shampoo didn't work... no mention of actual lotion being used. So I took her down stairs to chemist and showed her the lotions and made sure she bought it.

Latest posts

Back