Bleaching past orange tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score
I have a client who has had bleach hair with purple roots but always seem to get orange tones can’t seem to get rid even though I’m toning, using 10 Wella koleston , and now she want to get rid of purple roots and blonde all over with pastel pink pieces help please
She’s a base 7

I have a client who has had bleach hair with purple roots but always seem to get orange tones can’t seem to get rid even though I’m toning, using 10 Wella koleston , and now she want to get rid of purple roots and blonde all over with pastel pink pieces help please
She’s a base 7
If she's a natural base 7 what are you using to lift the hair that still leaves you with orange? To tone with a 10 toner, the hair has to be lifted to a base 10 first.
If you're getting orange then your client is still on a base 7 so to neutralise warmth on this level you will need to tone with a 7 or darker. A 10 is not pigmented enough to neutralise the warmth on a level 7.

Sorry meant used a 10/8 ...I use wella welloxon bleach to lift but the orange tones are still there and then used toner but still orange pieces. She wants ash blonde with pink pieces so could I add the foils with pink, and colour the rest in an ash? Say 10/1

Sorry meant used a 10/8 ...I use wella welloxon bleach to lift but the orange tones are still there and then used toner but still orange pieces. She wants ash blonde with pink pieces so could I add the foils with pink, and colour the rest in an ash? Say 10/1
Irrespective of what you use to lift it, it's still not light enough to tone with a level 10. The hair that is to be toned to a level 10 has to be lifted to a level 10. If you put 10/8 or 10/1 over a base 8 it won't make it a 10. You tone the hair to what it's lifted to or darker not lighter. If you want a 10/8 result you will have to lift the orange pieces further until they are a very pale yellow. Then tone with 10/8.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back