Bleaching twice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindax149

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bleached a friend of mine who wanted to go platinum/white blonde. She is naturally a level 6, and has fine hair. I used the Welloxon Perfect 20 vol on her (with the Blondor cream). She went up to a level 8 (light blonde). I applied the Koleston perfect 10/16 (together with 20 vol). The result is very nice, a very light blonde color (level 9) with cool tones. However, she is not fully content as she was aiming for a more platinum look (extra blonde). To be honest, I was also surprised why I could only lift her three levels... I intentionally opted against using a 30 vol, I find it usually too harsh for natural blondes (but this opinion is not shared by everyone). I recommended her a toner, to give the illusion of a rather white-silvery shade, but obviously that does not lift.

I am now wondering whether (in about a month) we should go through another bleach procedure or try it with a high lift tint...
On the one hand, I am confident we could do a light bleach on her hair as I used olaplex on her and the hair is not overly damaged. On the other hand I am afraid as, being a natural dark blonde, her hair is rather thin.

Do you have experience with bleaching naturally dark blondes two times?

Thanks a lot for your answers and help in advance! :)

Last edited:
that is difficult answer to give not being able to see the condition of her hair. if the elasticity is still stable in her hair you could reapply bleach for a short time. this will remove the other toner and lift her a bit more. be sure to use a bond builder/repair product such as olaplex and stay 1/4 to 1/2 inch off of scalp. Good luck

Dear Benny,

thanks a lot for your reply. I asked her to send me pictures so it’s easier for me to describe the condition of the hair. Although of course it’s always better to assess the condition in person...

the first two pictures with the nerd smiley are after the Koleston perfect color, but before the toner, the last one (😍) is after toning it.

what do you think?

Attachments

• A4902E67-A1FF-4DF9-956A-6522B9902014.jpeg
    A4902E67-A1FF-4DF9-956A-6522B9902014.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 27193259-D6B2-4270-BB2E-E3D01782F834.jpeg
    27193259-D6B2-4270-BB2E-E3D01782F834.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 2F8D37E0-9EE9-40C4-B601-0E65EDEBBAC8.jpeg
    2F8D37E0-9EE9-40C4-B601-0E65EDEBBAC8.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
that is difficult answer to give not being able to see the condition of her hair. if the elasticity is still stable in her hair you could reapply bleach for a short time. this will remove the other toner and lift her a bit more. be sure to use a bond builder/repair product such as olaplex and stay 1/4 to 1/2 inch off of scalp. Good luck
Thanks a lot! I am not sure if I replied correctly to you. In any case, the text is in the thread below! ☺

Latest posts

Back