Bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaLaDiva

Reaction score
Hi, just typing out my price list, have a few questions for you...
does anyone do bleaching? Do you get much call for it? What do you thnik it should be priced at? (different areas)

Nope dont offer it and never been asked. I know a couple of folk who bleach their own facial hair using Jolene but no one has ever enquired about it.
Not much help am I Lol!!!
KxXx

Hi there

I personally find that bleaching is more of a cultural service as some beliefs dont allow the removal of body hair but it can be bleached. Unless you cater to this cross section of clientele IMO its not as popular as waxing - sugaring - laser etc.
As the soloution is activated with/by air unless you are doing a few of these services a week you may find it expires before you use it all?

Hth

XX J XX

I have been working in the salon I'm at now for several years and can honestly say that in all that time I have only been asked for the tretament once.

It wasn't anything to do with cultural it was just that the lady wanted that instead of being waxed.

It's there in the salon if clients require it but as I have said they dont.

It is a powder and a gel and you measure and mix the correct amounts together.This is what activates it.The product we use dosn't get mixed until it's needed therefore it dosn't go passed it's sell by date in a week.HTH

I just want to offer as many treatments as I can. I hadnt thought of different cultures, I was thinking of people that dont want to wax or find it to painful...or for people like my friend who faint every time they try to shave!:lol:

I just want to offer as many treatments as I can. I hadnt thought of different cultures, I was thinking of people that dont want to wax or find it to painful...or for people like my friend who faint every time they try to shave!:lol:

Even though we were trained to do it at college it's just not popular.If you have been trained(for insurance purposes)then offer it,but please dont be surprised at the lack of clients you will get booking in for this.

There is a numbing cream,which clients can purchase over the counter in chemists.Cant remember the name of it now,but for a small tube it's about £3.25.It is applied approx 10 mins before the waxing and is really good for those with a low pain threshold.

I have a lady who kept missing her upper lip waxing appointments because she found it sooo painful,recommended she brought the cream,which she did and it's made a huge difference.Maybe this would be an idea for your friend.HTH

Hi there

Cultural reference-
As more ways of removing hair have come about, here in Australia bleaching has become a minority service....& sounds like it your way also...to a certain degree.

Depending on the brand of product you use Cream - Liquid or Gel will depend on how its stored & its longevity[eyelash perming solution is in this catagory also]

In the twenty odd years I have been working in & around salons , I really cant count more than 10? times that Ive heard a request for it. Maybe having an outdoors lifestyle here demanded removal over lightening.

If you can market this service to your benifit BONUS! But until you have a larger call for it buy small & build up.

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back