Bleeding after lip and chin wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine D

Reaction score
Help please.

Today I went to a client to give her a lip and chin wax. I have been waxing her for 2+ years now. About a year ago when I waxed around her mouth, she got a very small graze. Several months later, this then happened on a second occasion, so I suggested it probably best to just pluck out the longer darker hairs around her lips and carry on just waxing her chin and neck. Which has been working successfully until today.

Today on the very last strip on her chin she immediately got a graze, which bled and she said stung.

I always pull the skin tight.

I have been waxing for about 25 years now and in all these years I have never had this happen on any other client.

In fact I have clients 20+ years older than her.

This client is almost 70 and has type 2 diabetes (which is controlled).

I have told my client that I think it best not to wax her anymore and I just pluck out the longer hair and sadly she will have to live with the downier hair.

Does anybody know why this is happening to this poor lady?

Thank you in advance

Try one of the more modern Hot waxes Perron Rigot (visage developed for facial waxing) or others from Perron rigot, Outback Organics, Ashmira Botanicals . Could also be heat this weather.. Wax to Hot or wax to cold ...

Philby thank you.

However, I dont understand why it has only ever happened with the same lady and never on anyone else.

I agree with Philby, use a hot wax as this will ‘shrinkwrap’ the hair and not stick to the skin at all, thus eliminating the risk of any grazing.

Thank you. I will look into it but dare not wax this lady again.

I still dont understand why just her.

There are Just so many variables ... and to be honest Lip and Eyebrow waxing are the two main places for Skin lifting / grazing / scabbing . what pre products do you use..cleanser ? Oil? or talc ?...
Face creams, vitamin supplements.. the weather ..humidity... clients body temperature, wax temperature, her meds... her daily skin care routine...the list goes on...seriously try hot wax with the tiniest (like a cotton bud) dab of pre wax oil !!

I use a pre wax cleanser.

I obviously dont know her skin care routine.

Thank you for your advice.

Its strange, after all these years of trouble free waxing.....this has knocked my confidence.

I will look into the hot wax as only ever use warm wax.

Thin skin at all?

Dollface_xx......

It doesnt appear to be thin. Infact it looks very healthy and youthful, although maybe on the dry side.

Could she be taking any new forms of medication? Also would suggest hot wax its a lot more gentle on the skin. Has she had any peels or sunburn recently in the area too? Just thinking skin thinning or already damaged? Hope helps

Thank you everyone.

So many different reasons this could have happened to her. It would be hard to pinpoint one. You mentioned she’s diabetic? Obviously I don’t know how well controlled she keeps this but something called Necrobiosis lipoidica can occur in some patients which can thin the skin.
Just a suggestion.

I’d agree with everyone else that hot wax or plucking only to that area.

Perhaps simply strip wax doesn’t suit her and this is how she reacts...

Hope you figure it out [emoji846]

Latest posts

Back