Bleeding foils.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee5

Reaction score
Hey Geekers,

Were having fab weather at the mo, but as you all know a salon is hard enough heatwise to work in without 23 degree weather.
Our salon is full of the sun all day and the heat inside is unreal.
Did hilights today and the bleeding on them was ridiculous well It was one packet on the side, but I am very particular about my H/L.
Anyone have any ideas to help me..........??? Seriously :evil: at myself.

Make your mix runnier and apply it very sparingly. That'll sort your problem

Thanks hun thought of that, but was nearly afraid too... but its what Id prob suggest to someone else iykwim?
Was thinking about not going as close to the root either to allow for expansion....

Cotton wool as a precaution, or 10/15 mins before you shampoo, check for bleeds and if there are any, mix up a quasi in their natural and dab on :)

Make your mix runnier and apply it very sparingly. That'll sort your problem

Runnier not thicker? wouldn't it run more been runnier. Do you mix your bleach quite thin , and find it better? xx:Love:

I usually make mine quite thick, my boss make her runnier and hers would bleed quite a bit. So im gonna make it runnier tomorrow and not bring it so close to the roots, see how I get on. Think Ive only one set in tomorrow TG!

I'm also thinking if it was runnier it would take longe to expand as more developer would take longer to evaporate.....

If it is runnier, you can apply it thinner, and get less expansion in this heat. It is the expansion of the bleach that causes bleed.
You could leave a slight expansion gap, but if you apply very thinly and do your mix runnier in hot weather you won't need to.

Latest posts

Back