Bleeding nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishrebecca

Reaction score
This sounds like something someone who’s careless and uneducated would do and I can’t believe I’ve done it.

Told at work I was infiling a regular client(who I’ve never had a problem with her nails before) started as normal filed off the colour debulked the gel enhancement and cuticle work then.. I went to etch the nail plate which was no problem but her thumb nail was very shiny so I went over it a second time and it still wasn’t working so I went a third time and I literally filed away a bit of her natural nail.

I’m devastated and terrified I’ve never done something like this before. it was a very little cut about the size of a grain of sand but still a cut and still very dangerous and is never suppose to happen! I literally can’t sleep over it and don’t no what to do I finished the refil and said nothing I was just in complete shock.. help

Mistakes happen, that is why you have salon insurance.

Some years ago, I had huge pain in a front tooth. Visited the dentist and they decided that I needed a root canal treatment. That involves drilling down into the tooth to the root of the tooth, inserting a some stuff to kill the infection and sealing the tooth temporarily for a few days before they can complete the process.

I didn't realise there was a problem until 4 hours later when the injections had worn off and couldn't understand why the pain was off the charts. It was 8 o'clock on a Friday night, so the only option was to visit the A&E dental department of the main hospital. Where is was discovered, that not only had they drilled the wrong tooth, the idiot had drilled it from the front where it was visible and not the back of the tooth. So for the second time that day I had a root canal procedure.

I hope my story made you feel better :)

Mistakes happen, that is why you have salon insurance.

Some years ago, I had huge pain in a front tooth. Visited the dentist and they decided that I needed a root canal treatment. That involves drilling down into the tooth to the root of the tooth, inserting a some stuff to kill the infection and sealing the tooth temporarily for a few days before they can complete the process.

I didn't realise there was a problem until 4 hours later when the injections had worn off and couldn't understand why the pain was off the charts. It was 8 o'clock on a Friday night, so the only option was to visit the A&E dental department of the main hospital. Where is was discovered, that not only had they drilled the wrong tooth, the idiot had drilled it from the front where it was visible and not the back of the tooth. So for the second time that day I had a root canal procedure.

I hope my story made you feel better :)

Oh god you poor thing that sounds awful :/ it did make me feel a little better tho haha thank you so much I’m just terrified Incase it gets infected or something because I did put gel back over it:/ stupid I no but I panicked

Don’t think I’ll ever forget this [emoji85]

If you sanitise your bits, and sanitised your clients hands, there probably won't be an infection. I wouldn't lose sleep over this. If she was aware of your mistake, give her a call in a few days, and check that she has no pain. Most customers understand mistakes happen, but it is how you deal with the mistakes that matters. By calling she will understand you care.

I forgot to dull the edges of a new file a few weeks ago and sliced a lovely new client with it!!! Worst part was that, it was her first time having acrylics and I was absolutely mortified!!!!! I apologised like crazy, I thought I'd never see her again but she did come back [emoji4] I felt like I'd spoiled her first experience!!!

I forgot to dull the edges of a new file a few weeks ago and sliced a lovely new client with it!!! Worst part was that, it was her first time having acrylics and I was absolutely mortified!!!!! I apologised like crazy, I thought I'd never see her again but she did come back [emoji4] I felt like I'd spoiled her first experience!!!

It’s really nice to know I’m not the only one out there to do it I just really hope she comes back with no problems :/

Don’t worry, it happened to me once. A little piece of my thumb nail in the centre just came off!! I’d had extensions for so long that the nail was incredibly thin (from elec file at a hack bar), you could see the huge dip between what had grown and what was filed. It hurt like a b*tch but only for until the skin underneath had healed after a couple days and I got over it. It grew out just fine and I’d totally forgotten about it.

It’s really nice to know I’m not the only one out there to do it I just really hope she comes back with no problems :/
I hope she comes back too, that way at least you know either way if she's okay etc! I posted a while back about an acrylic nail literally popping off my client who came back for me to fix, all fine, all nice...well another came off a week later (she said popped, but when I questioned her she'd caught them all) I offered a fix at £3 and she's not come back and I heard she's chewed them off now...I get upset thinking I could have made it better and the fact she was living with one missing and about how bad her nails will be now she's chewed them off!?! I dread to think!

It sounds like the nail was pretty thin from what you have said. I am not saying it wasnt a mistake to break through the natural nail but maybe for some reason her nails are thinning and since she is familiar to you and not previously had problems you didn't expect the thinness contributing to how quick it happened. As the previous said as long as your service is hygienic she will be fine xxx

Latest posts

Back