Blending Colours - Handpainted Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
I'm getting in nail art and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Now here's a question for all you nail art genius'

With handpainted nail art is there a technique where you can blend/fade from one colour to another?

I realise you can do this with airbrushing but is there someway to do something similar all be it to not quite the same perfection, with handpainting?

Sorry if that sounds a load of waffle!:o

Thanks

yea sponge it babe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
use a tiny piece of natural sponge to colour fade............
Its brill and easy, not a smooth looking as Airbrushing, but hey then it aint, and this method has a charm all of its own.......................
Give it a whirl ...................

Nailsinlondon1 said:
yea sponge it babe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
use a tiny piece of natural sponge to colour fade............
Its brill and easy, not a smooth looking as Airbrushing, but hey then it aint, and this method has a charm all of its own.......................
Give it a whirl ...................
Oooh thats sounds interesting.... so do I use the sponge damp and how exactly do I use it?

sorry if I sound a bit thick but I've not used a sponge for nail art before lol.... do you just gently swipe from one colour the next?

1. base nail with basecoat
  2. press the sponge, damp is best, in acrylic paint...........
  3. press sponge on paper to remove excess paint............
  4. press onto the nail................ just like when you sponge effect a wall............
  5. then change colour and follow steps 2-4, then seal art with top coat............
Just play and see what you can come up with............ the nice thing about nail art.......... its' ART, dont matter how you do it, as long as you like the end result!!!

Thanks Ruth thats a great help!:biggrin: can't wait to have a play now!!

Any pikkies of peeps sponging/blending to achieve this affect would great to see!;)

Hi Tamm,

the other thing you could do is to use the mood changing varnishes - I have one lady who on one occasion asked for two MCs side by side and the effect was slightly like a battenburg cake LOL.

There are some nice combinations - one I particularly like is a rust to yellow one and I put tiger stripes over the top.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
  1. base nail with basecoat
  2. press the sponge, damp is best, in acrylic paint...........
  3. press sponge on paper to remove excess paint............
  4. press onto the nail................ just like when you sponge effect a wall............
  5. then change colour and follow steps 2-4, then seal art with top coat............
Just play and see what you can come up with............ the nice thing about nail art.......... its' ART, dont matter how you do it, as long as you like the end result!!!
Hi Ruth: when you say sponge do you mean a cosmetic one like the ones you get to put foundation on with?

Any sponge will do, I use a miniature natural sponge from the art centre..............
But have used all sort's........................including a terry toweling damp flannel..............
HTH

naturalnails said:
Hi Tamm,

the other thing you could do is to use the mood changing varnishes - I have one lady who on one occasion asked for two MCs side by side and the effect was slightly like a battenburg cake LOL.

There are some nice combinations - one I particularly like is a rust to yellow one and I put tiger stripes over the top.

Hi Fiona:)

So where do you get these MC enamels from then? Do you have any pikkies of what they look like on?

Toma,do the colour changing enamels I think Tamm

Thanks Fiona that gives me something to work with.... :)

Mani-fique! said:
Thanks Fiona that gives me something to work with.... :)
Hi Tamm: Has anybody told you that your web link doesnt work?

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi Tamm: Has anybody told you that your web link doesnt work?

you mean to my website? no they haven't.... I must admit I tried it earlier and it doesn't work you're right...not sure why but I think it has something to do with the exclamation mark... but if you type it in manually it does work... (including the exclamation mark)

You're not missing much anyway as my site needs a lot of work... don't like it at the moment.

Tamm

Just to let you know, the web link seems to be working now. I got in fine. Nice idea with the hand holding stone/rock. Very earthy. I don't know why you don't like your website at the moment. I think its great.

Blending sounds really interesting actually, will defenately have to give it ago. I suppose like anything its good to just try allsorts of stuff and see what works for you.

your only limitation is your imagination.:)

Love the idea of sponge blending Ruth, have you got any piccies of some you've done? Love to see them.

I like blending paints with a liner brush or a fan brush, especially the opalescent paints as they look like a petrol on water effect.

Just to let you know, we do the Moodies, and all 48 colours are on sale on my website for £2.00 plus vat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back