Blending colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering how you guys all do your colour blends using gel colours . I dont offer it st the moment as cant get the look right. Have tried make up sponges but it just left a bubbly effect. What tools do yous use to get a perfect look

I use a ombre brush, or a small detailer brush, the trick with any blending though is to not be heavy handed!

Ombre is difficult with gel... Sponge technique is only best for nail lacquer. With gel it takes lots of time and effort to get the blending perfectly. Check out YouTube videos. Otherwise I've found CND additives pigment effect powders for the best ombre look.

Probably a good ombre brush using feathery strokes xx

For vertical ombre I just use the brushes in the gel polish bottle and wipe them afterwards to not mix the colors in the bottle.
Foe the ombre that goes from free edge and up, it depends on the color itself. Neon type colors are easier. But white is tricky, it doesn't look good with sponge. But if you use a brand with a variety of thick base coats with different colors then it can be achieved in a similar way to how you'd sculpt an ombre. Using a milky white at the tip, blending up, the I use "structure base frosted pink" (a gel polish base) over the whole nail, and blending carefully at the tip. Then top coat. I use Lilly Nails.

Latest posts

Back