Blending colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who previously had highlights by me just in the parting & sides alternating Koleston 10, and 8/07, before that she’d never had hair coloured before and it’s very long hair, no grey,
She wants it a lot lighter like Balyage but as I’ve never trained in that I won’t attempt it, but I was thinking if I do highlights but use a lighter colour for the ends and a bit darker towards the roots could that work?
I’ve blended with all over colours before but not highlights, and would highlift mix with a level 10 or is that not possible? I’m the only person to ever do her hair, she doesn’t want to go to a salon(I’m mobile) and she’s a trainee nurse so can’t afford Balyage prices!?
she’s a natural level 6.5 and would like the colours in pic, any advice welcome?
2EEBC3D5-9A49-4EFB-AD8E-93ECC2E44DB3.jpeg

How I would tackle this, is acturallyydo yours foils, but do mainly slices and back comb the section, apply your lightener and feather up the strands, so that you're not creating a solid line.
Then I'd tone it afterwards with 8/07 or 8/97 through the mids creating peaks and troughs and then go back through the ends with 10/97 apply plenty to the ends and then work the two colours together with your hands. Where you created the peaks and troughs will help you blend.

Other option would be to use a level 8 on the mids and use 10/0 + 12% on the ends.
I wouldn't use 12's rnage because they aren't supposed to be used on already lightened 💇‍♀️, and they don't lift through existing colour either. And it'd probably eat away at the level 8 anyway rather than blend.

Latest posts

Back