Blending grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah797

Reaction score
So I have a client with 70% grey around her hairline at the front/sides , she hasn’t had her colour done since January so there is a lot of regrowth. We usually do a root colour and foilyage H/L.

We are now thinking of taking the bleach h/l right to the root so that there isn’t such a contrast when the grey comes through around the front section.

Would you simply bleach h/l with 20 vol over the grey areas, root tinting in between the packets and then tone the blonde to the desired level/shade?

OR

Do I put her root colour on the regrowth first, wash it off and then apply the bleach h/l over the top of the fresh root colour? Don’t want to create more work for myself but equally don’t want to be left with grey roots showing where the bleach has been.

So I have a client with 70% grey around her hairline at the front/sides , she hasn’t had her colour done since January so there is a lot of regrowth. We usually do a root colour and foilyage H/L.

We are now thinking of taking the bleach h/l right to the root so that there isn’t such a contrast when the grey comes through around the front section.

Would you simply bleach h/l with 20 vol over the grey areas, root tinting in between the packets and then tone the blonde to the desired level/shade?

OR

Do I put her root colour on the regrowth first, wash it off and then apply the bleach h/l over the top of the fresh root colour? Don’t want to create more work for myself but equally don’t want to be left with grey roots showing where the bleach has been.
I think you could get away with your first option. If some sections are extremely white, use tint on these sections instead of bleach :)

Latest posts

Back