Blending hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole<3

Reaction score
Ok this is kinda of a random question but if you dont ask you dont get anywhere:green:
Im wanting to book an apoinment with a new hairdressers to get my clip in extensions blended just wanted a few pointers before i go so i dont look a total dipstick:smack: lol
Should i put them in myself and is it a 'normal' thing to ask for as i know the hairdressers i want to try dont do extensions at all or should i seek out one that does
AND lastly anything i should ask for or will they just do there own thing?

thanks for listening to me ramble on:lol:

I had some clip in extensions blended in at my local hairdressers, I put them in first and she razored them in as my hair at the time was very long. They lookeed fab , the hairdressers I went to dont do extensions either and it wasnt a prob for them:hug:

I am not seeing any problem with the hairstylist blending th extensions in for you even if they didn't put them in.
As far as what you get for a style, tell her what you want it to look like. i.e: long layers..layers only at the bottom etc. Give her an idea of what look you are wanting otherwise you might end up with something you were trying to get away from with the extensions. Like short hair. ;)

So it would be ok to ring up and just inform them when making my apoinment what i want doing?

Clip ins are getting more and more popular so alot of hairdressers are getting asked for this...
Justcall up and say "i have bought some clip in extensions, do you have any stylists who would be able to blend them to my hair please?"
Try and avoid having them cut with scissors as there aren't many people around who are able to do this.
Have them razored in. The stylist may advise cutting a sections of your own hair around the crown with thinning scissors. this is normal and makes your hair melt into the extensions.

xxx

I am not seeing any problem with the hairstylist blending th extensions in for you even if they didn't put them in.
As far as what you get for a style, tell her what you want it to look like. i.e: long layers..layers only at the bottom etc. Give her an idea of what look you are wanting otherwise you might end up with something you were trying to get away from with the extensions. Like short hair. ;)
Hmmm if i walk out with hair shorter than my natural i could see that being a bit of a problem:lol:

Thanks for the advice geeks il be making a call to them soon! :hug:
just hope that when i wear them on a night out one doesnt end up half way down my leg:o :eek: lol x

Oh well..just remember that if it does end up too short, all you have to do it add more hair extensions. LOL. No more waiting for it to Grow out.

Latest posts

Back