Blending the tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa13

lisa
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to nails just wondering what files u use for blending I'm finding it difficult to blend im ready to give up

What files were you taught with in your training? It's always best to use what you were trained with, I start with a 100 grit file then a softer buffing file but if you're new to nails then perhaps a 100 grit would be too coarse for you as you could damage the nail plate. That's why it's best to use what your trainer recommends. Are you practising on a training hand or a real one?
Oh and don't give up you will get there! :)

Sorry I just read your post again, I'd assumed you were referring to blending tips? As in extensions? Sorry if I read that wrong :confused:

Best way to blend is with a low grit nail file BEFORE you place the tip onto the nail, if you do still need to blend then a 240 grit should be ok. You'd still need to be careful of the natural nail though and avoid filing it.

I'd go with what your instructor told you to do. I was trained always to blend after application with a 180 grit file. I now use pro impressions tips when needed and they need little blending at all but it's still a skill you need to know x

Latest posts

Back