Blending - time taken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I'm better at blending than I used to be, I have found the whole thing with it very difficult and extremely time consuming, despite following advice and tips on here. I now sculpt whenever I can and have gone over to performance tips when I can't.

They are good, but I occasionally find one or two are very reluctant to 'Stick' and, despite the adhesive, the ears tend to be a bit stubborn and flap around afterwards. I'm sure it's me and I'll get better with more practise. :irked:

CND Performance tips do not require blending, maybe you could try them!

I always pre blend, it is much faster. I started out useing NSI, then i have changes to CND and find there tips MUCH MUCH easier to blend. i never use tip blender i contains acetone and could crack the tips...

Don't go for the line, get rid of the thickness first.... and use a decent file.

Most tips disappear pretty quick when you know where to file (no matter who makes them).

Don't go for the line, get rid of the thickness first.... and use a decent file.

Most tips disappear pretty quick when you know where to file (no matter who makes them).

Thats how i was taught....i always start at the free edge and work on reducing the thickness of the tip, by the time i get to the line, its a just a couple of strokes with my file and gone.

Sorry, perhaps I am a little confused?

I was taught to always blend etc before application...... I've never known any other way!

So to me 'pre blending', means to do it before the appointment.......... so that you can get on with application; And only have a tiny bit of blending left to do once the tips have been applied.

So pre blending simply means to blend before application!?

I must Pre Pre Blend then!! (when I use tips that is)

lauri - i never pre blend BEFORE the appt - i do it as i go along need to size each tip as i go along so wouldn't know what size to use.
hth

The new well less tips from creative don't require blending at all. Geeg demo'd them when she demo'd the poppits. Very quick and very nice tips. Why work at something if you don't have to?

i totally agree with you Susie

i use the edge competition tips they too require no blending

Latest posts

Back