Blending - time taken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am getting really frustrated at the moment, I cant seem to cut down my time blending the nail tips - its driving me mad. At the moment I am taking an hour to do the prep work and then blend. I just dont get why it is taking so long to blend them and some nails seem to take longer than others:mad:

I am using NSI eleation tips.

Dont suppose anyones got any tips?

Leeann

with each set youdo you will be improving im sure, the more confident you become using your abrasive , then I think you will find your timings come down.

I say this because when I started I was worried about nicking/ cutting my clients but now a year on I am a bit quicker lol, it all comes down to getting to know your products and canvas, and a shed load of good practicing xx

I had problems with this and had a one to one recently which helped enormously.

However I tried Velocity tips from Creative for the first time on a full set of nails yesterday and I was mega impressed I will absolutely be ordering these again. Extremely easy to blend and beautiful set of nails if I may say so myself

I too got fed up with the same thing........... so I practiced sculpting.
I still take ages, but I'm a much happier girl now!

I find the NSI tips harder to blend than any other I have had. I think it's something to do with the Polyflex membrane, seems to make them very tough IMO.

I cant remember the last time I used tips as I sculpt mainly these days but I used to pre blend them all and when I got a client it was quicker to blend as half of it was already done before being applied.

I find the NSI tips harder to blend than any other I have had. I think it's something to do with the Polyflex membrane, seems to make them very tough IMO.

I cant remember the last time I used tips as I sculpt mainly these days but I used to pre blend them all and when I got a client it was quicker to blend as half of it was already done before being applied.

Me too.
Pre blending saves loads of time during appointments - but you obviously still have to spend the time doing it outside of the appointment! So boring!

Go for scultps!! Tricky at first, but pretty straight forward once you have got the hang of it.

Read the article a few weeks ago and been using that technique - I think maybe you all all right and i will get quicker in time. Just hate the time it is taking me at the moment.

I always pre blend my tips as i go along with my client, so i don't pre blend outside the appointment time. You can be more harder when pre blending your tips as you have no worries of damaging the nail plate.

If you do this, then when you have applied the tip to your client, you are only doing minimal filing to blend the tip, so it is much quicker.

I do mostly sculpting myself so rarely have to do tips, but when i do pre blending is so much better.

I pre-blend tips while watching the telly. Drives my hubby bonkers!:lol:

Do the velocity tips require pre blending? Reason for asking was i did pre blend once, then when glued onto the nail and blended again, the tip just disintergrated. Probably a case of over filing?

I preblended a few last night when doing my client (only reason i didnt pre blend them all was I kept forgetting :lol:) and it did knock about 5 mins off my time. So today when I remember to pre blend them all I hope i will knock about 15 mins off. Really need to get my time down its taking about 1.75 hours at mo:mad:

I always pre blend my tips as i go along with my client, so i don't pre blend outside the appointment time. You can be more harder when pre blending your tips as you have no worries of damaging the nail plate.

If you do this, then when you have applied the tip to your client, you are only doing minimal filing to blend the tip, so it is much quicker.

I do mostly sculpting myself so rarely have to do tips, but when i do pre blending is so much better.

Sorry, perhaps I am a little confused?

I was taught to always blend etc before application...... I've never known any other way!

So to me 'pre blending', means to do it before the appointment.......... so that you can get on with application; And only have a tiny bit of blending left to do once the tips have been applied.

So pre blending simply means to blend before application!?

I must Pre Pre Blend then!! (when I use tips that is)

Here in Aus........I use Elation as well and NSi told us here to choose the tip size for the nail and then BEFORE GLUEING.......give the tip a quick file at Glueing edge before sticking down.......then blending is minimal.....forget Tip-blender on Elation Tips as it does nothing as they are made from the same material Blood Bags are made from (not PVC Plastic)........So I give them a File with 150grit file before sticking down on that edge then there is little need for Blending.............Hope this Helps.........BrandiB............xxxx

Boy Sals................Is that your Hubby.................!!!!!!!!!OMG..........#***!@X

I have used NSI elation tips, I used to pre-tailor as well but they are a very thick and time consuming the blend compared with some other brands. (Ezflow are my preferred brand)

Here in Aus........I use Elation as well and NSi told us here to choose the tip size for the nail and then BEFORE GLUEING.......give the tip a quick file at Glueing edge before sticking down.......then blending is minimal.....forget Tip-blender on Elation Tips as it does nothing as they are made from the same material Blood Bags are made from (not PVC Plastic)........So I give them a File with 150grit file before sticking down on that edge then there is little need for Blending.............Hope this Helps.........BrandiB............xxxx

With clients where I know they are rushed for time I have been using the Tip Blender and I didnt think it was doing much. I have a few creation tips and they dont take quite as long to blend, however, I find I get more breakages with them, where as the NSI have not let me down yet.

I think I must be doing something wrong as even when I preblend the tips before application it still seems to take ages:mad:

Hi is it easy to pre blend tips? I'm having problems blending seems to take forever and a day, any advice would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks Again

Lisa x

The new well less tips from creative don't require blending at all. Geeg demo'd them when she demo'd the poppits. Very quick and very nice tips. Why work at something if you don't have to?

The new well less tips from creative don't require blending at all. Geeg demo'd them when she demo'd the poppits. Very quick and very nice tips. Why work at something if you don't have to?
Exactly, i use these too, stick them to the nail and away you go with your application, no need at all to blend,
i also use INMs exact fit tips, you only need to blend the ears of these tips, as they are so thin it only takes a couple of swipes with the file and you are ready to apply your product hth

Latest posts

Back