Blending Tips - whats your view?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get what you are saying but i have clients that specifically request white tips- they love it- i hate them- but sometimes you have to give them what they want whether your professional integrity permits it or not
I see what you're saying but I think that when a potential client comes to us and says they want white tips what they really mean is that they want a bright white french finish.

get what you are saying but i have clients that specifically request white tips- they love it- i hate them- but sometimes you have to give them what they want whether your professional integrity permits it or not- cos they will only go around the corner to some other salon who will give them what they want- badly!!!- so thats why im asking what do ya do??? its less time to apply a white tip with an overlay than doing pink and whites and its money i certainly cannot afford to turn down- if thats what they want- as long as they realise they will not be as strong as the correct option!!

I actually do not think it is any quicker to apply white tips than any other kind of tip (including blending) ... It doesn't save me any time at all. The time it takes to blend a tip is no more than the faffing around cutting in perfect smiles and fitting the white tip perfectly.

There is also no question of a correct or incorrect option!! Both options are perfectly correct. One is not less professional than the other and there is no question of professional integrity being compromised if one uses white tips!! Where is all this coming from??

One may prefer to use a different option and that is fine and that is why we have lots of choices of tips and application methods. Each method is perfectly fine and appropriate if done in a skillful manner and if the result is beautiful.

It seems we now have the 'non-white tip snobs' as well as the 'sculpting snobs'!!

While it may be cheaper and more desirable to be able to sculpt and to do perfect smiles it needs to be remembered that it is possible to create beautiful nails using alternative methods that are no less beautiful or professional because they have been used.

thanks for that geeg.. cos i sorta thought the same thing.. and i was treading carefully cos i was under the impression some techs think white tips are the devil.. BUT if people want them and they have good nail beds- why not?? and yes you are right i think it is a skill to cut out a good smile line.. and i am actually very proud of the white tip sets i do- my clients are happy and come back with all 10 nails on most of the time.. ( it does take me just a LIL longer to do pink and white or Glitter tips cos im a real FAFF and take my time to get them nice and SMILEY!!!) UP NORTH- white is V popular!!!!:lol:

You wouldn't blend a white tip...you just remove the shine (cos you would spoil the smile line)...its fine to use white powder over them....(although apart from practising your smiles i don't see whats achieved by this)....however i don't personally like the look of white tips as i have rarely seen nail beds that can carry them off well...(they would have to be nice long nails beds)x

This was also what I was taught. I find as a learner that when you blend a white tip, it is hard to perfectly shape the tips smile line and often ends up looking a bit uneven and wonky. I've only been doing acrylics for about a month, though, so I haven't had as much practice as the ladies in here :smack:

What I don't get is, If you're applying a white tip what do you do when a rebalance is due, I know a few salons up here soak them off and start all over again, I had to try and explain to a client that I could sculp a set and she wouldn't need to get them soaked off when they had grown up, she had no idea this could be done, Occassionally I will use white tips, especially if I know for sure that they only want them on for a short time.

What I don't get is, If you're applying a white tip what do you do when a rebalance is due, I know a few salons up here soak them off and start all over again, I had to try and explain to a client that I could sculp a set and she wouldn't need to get them soaked off when they had grown up, she had no idea this could be done, Occassionally I will use white tips, especially if I know for sure that they only want them on for a short time.

Well of course if a person ONLY uses white tips, then this is what you have to do ...

THAT IS WHY it is necessary to know how to do smile lines using white powder if you want to keep the 'forever French' look going and not rip off your clients with constant new sets and soakoffs.

I agree with you there Geeg. I have had clients who want white tips, but because of their short nail bed, i knew it would look rediculous.

This is when you try other methods to cretae the look they are after.

I have used white tips before and have found it depends on what make of white tips you get. Cheap ones tend to be thick, hard plastic that look horendous, while others i have bought, EZ Flow's french, look great and virtually the same as using white L&P anyway.

I only ever use tips as I am pants when I sculpt and it takes me too long. I do however do p&w over natural tips. most of the new clients I get have white tips as some never return (weddings, holidays etc.) but my regular clients begin with white tips and then I rebalance them with white l&p and infill as normal. some people may think this is wrong but I know I am good at my job and have no complaints!!!!

theres nothing wrong with that clarabelle, so long as the client has a decent sized nail bed and during the consult has requested a bright white french...thats exactly what i do for those clients.
for other clients who desire a softer look then i custom blend a free edge over a natural tip or sculpt. its all horses for courses:lol:

I only ever use tips as I am pants when I sculpt and it takes me too long. I do however do p&w over natural tips. most of the new clients I get have white tips as some never return (weddings, holidays etc.) but my regular clients begin with white tips and then I rebalance them with white l&p and infill as normal. some people may think this is wrong but I know I am good at my job and have no complaints!!!!

There is nothing wrong with doing this at all! Why would there be? :eek:

Latest posts

Back