blending tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
I've just bought one of the little 'try me' kits for an acrylic system ( i've always done gels ) to see if i could do a better job than the person who did mine.

I tried it out on my friend , but when it came to blending the tips onto the nail, i think i was a bit over zealous with the file ! i made a 'hole' in the tip where it was glued onto the nail bed, but the sidewalls were a nightmare to blend. It seemed to take ages to blend in (!!)

If i can manage to master the basics myself, i'll obviously be going on a course, but i like to try things out first cos i don't like looking like an idiot when i go!! I've only ever sculpted with gel before, so applying tips is new to me. Ive been asked about doing acrylics quite a few times by new clients, and if i can offer this service as well, its always another 'string' to my bow !

Whilst I sympathise with your 'not wanting to look like an idiot' feelings, I have to ask how does 'having a go yourself' help when no one has shown you how to do it???

There are no idiots on courses ... and no teacher would be worth a damn if he/she made you feel that way. Just imagine if 'would be' doctors 'had a go' before learning how to be doctors?? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Let a teacher show you the correct techniques and it will all be simple and fall into place for you.

**The 'hole' you created was due to an air bubble trapped under the contact area of the tip. You need to learn the correct technique of application as well as the right amount of adhesive to use.
**The side walls being a 'nightmare' could be due to a 'not very good tip' or just the fact that you haven't been shown how to correctly position the finger or your abrasive to get the job done efficiently.

mandy_moo_64 said:
If i can manage to master the basics myself, i'll obviously be going on a course, but i like to try things out first cos i don't like looking like an idiot when i go!! I've only ever sculpted with gel before, so applying tips is new to me. Ive been asked about doing acrylics quite a few times by new clients, and if i can offer this service as well, its always another 'string' to my bow !

I have to ask Mandy, why, if you`re used to sculpting were you applying a tip?
L&P can be sculpted the same as gel can.
I have to say though, while we all like to have a play, you are better off in a class room so you can learn properly, how else will you be able to do a better job than was done on you?
Then you can prove you can do better L&P than was done on you with probably a better knowledge of how to do it, and its always a good idea to know how to apply tips too.
Good luck with what you decide

Thanks for your advice ... i've taken it on board, and i'll start looking into courses run in my area this week.

I'm just an eager beaver, and i like to have a 'play' with new ideas !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back