Blending!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleyjade_x

Reaction score
Hiya guys! :)

Just looking for a bit of friendly help! I've not long started my acrylic training but I am having a mare trying to blend the tip to the natural nail and getting a nice clean look! I've attached a picture! Any pointers or advice would be muchly appreciated - please be kind lol!

Thanks,
KJ :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337085927.691692.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337085927.691692.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 290
The best advice I could give you would be to purchase the book Nailclass from Gigi Rouse who is Geeg on SG. It's an amazing book. In fact I look on it as my nail bible. It has an excellent section on blending tips. It certainly made all the difference for me. It cut my blending time in half.

Ah brilliant! I will have a look :) thank you x

Last edited:
Lovely! Thank you! Blending is driving me crazy so hopefully this will help me! :) x

Ahh thanks so much! Going to have read now :) x

Brilliant guide! Will give this a try tonight and will be purchasing your book!! Looks like it'll be an. Everyday federal guide! Thanks :) x

*everyday referral - silly phone! X

I think you should use a drill to file on the line edge where it sticks with the nails so the line won't be there??

Here is the chapter for you free of charge to get you going right now.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...le-control-part-2-thinning-blending-tips.html

This will give you a taste as to how the book can help you.

How the hell did you get to where you are today? I've seen posts by you on here but thought you were just a member who's been on here for SO long, who had your own salon. Sorry if that sounds slightly ignorant but I am really not trying to be and am quite new to this site. I think it's amazing that you have a book etc and have done so well. Sorry to hijack/post an unrelated post on this thread, but seriously WOW! x

I think you should use a drill to file on the line edge where it sticks with the nails so the line won't be there??

I think NOT! That is the last thing I would ever advise someone to do! :eek:

Geeg is a legend!:green:

I'm going to take a look too but about to order the book as I am not happy with my blending either I go too far and loose half the tip!!! :irked:

Geeg is a legend!:green:

I'm going to take a look too but about to order the book as I am not happy with my blending either I go too far and loose half the tip!!! :irked:

by the way, nsi natural elation tips are GREAT for blending, plus the 180/180 grit file. They work a treat. I've never had a problem blending these tips from day 1 and they look great! even though my application of l&p is somewhat to be desired, i dont really enjoy doing acrylics so i dont do them but as i said the nsi tips are great x

I'm thinking of converting to NSI! So may try this :)! Thanks for your help! I look at it and don't think it's awful, especially as it was only my 3rd nail! It'll come with Time I'm sure! X

I'm thinking of converting to NSI! So may try this :)! Thanks for your help! I look at it and don't think it's awful, especially as it was only my 3rd nail! It'll come with Time I'm sure! X

By the way, are you using tips that are half way up the nail instead of ones that have a "smile line"/well in them? as i was always taught with teh ones that go halfway up the nail to cut a "V" in them. May help you blend better? x

Yeah, it's the half way up nails tips! You you cut a V before applying? I'll give it a go! :) x

All your tips really helped!! Done a full set tonight that I was happy with! (middle finger needs a bit more and the thumb - got my first air bubble!!! Eek!) so thanks so much for your advice :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337113496.408873.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337113496.408873.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 94
I had same probs but got "nailclass" and it changed everything for me, I read the book but only in stages. I started with file control and kept reading it and then practise then read it again until I was happy to move on to a new stage x

Latest posts

Back