Blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've got my exam on Monday AAAHHH. The only thing Im struggling with is the blending of the tips. I need to blend 3 tips within 20 mins but it takes me longer. Today I even blended too far but still had the line. Can anyone give me any tips excuse the pun lol, to get my time down?

You are probably wiping the nail off a million times when blending it arent you? That takes time so cut down on how often you do it. Geeg did a fantastic post about cutting time down under a thread entitled "How Long Should a Full Set Take". Try doing a search for that.

Sarah Lou said:
Hi geeks,

I've got my exam on Monday AAAHHH. The only thing Im struggling with is the blending of the tips. I need to blend 3 tips within 20 mins but it takes me longer. Today I even blended too far but still had the line. Can anyone give me any tips excuse the pun lol, to get my time down?

Hiya,
If you pre-tailor your tips first, So that there is not much well left on the nail,
It then takes no time to blend them.

After reading the post by geek I have stopped dustinga s much and also changed my grit and it seems to be working, I am still slow but better to be slow and good than quick and useless is my motto (m I think of it like sex no good having a quick finish if the job isnt satisfying...LOL!);)

Here Here On both counts Bodacious :biggrin:

Do you take out most of the well first? at the same time thinning the area to be Stuck?

GOOD LUCK MONDAY, YOU WILL DO GREAT.

I also find that when blending the sides if i end my filing motion in a upward stroke (does this make sense?) it 's much faster.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will be trying them out tonight.

Latest posts

Back