Blinc Mascara

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
I have tried emailing them twice but have had no reply......it's not a great vote of confidence from the off!!

Thought I would ask some of you geeks as I know some of you use it and some retail it also. My brother is getting married in May, his fiancee has had blinc mascara recommended to her for her wedding day as she was told it forms little tubes around the lashes which will last all day without smudging, flaking, fading, etc and will stay put if she cries. She was told it is great for sensitive eyes too. Now, I have sensitive eyes (they water a lot) and I have to be careful which mascara's I use so we both thought we'd try it. I e-mailed them first to find out:

1) Can it be worn on false eyelash strips like other mascara's or will it ruin them when you come to 'pull' the tubes off at the end of the day with warm water?
2) Do they sell samples of the lash enhancer? We wanted to see if we get could a good build up without the falsh eyelashes if it can't be used on them.
3) Will it hold the curl if eyelash curlers are used before putting this on?
4) Does it look the same as other mascara's when on?
5) The mascara is classed as non-irritating which is great but what are the ingredients for this mascara?

Thanks in advance for your replies :o)

Hi,

I can't answer all of your questions, but I bought the trial trial size mascara.

I wouldn't think you could wear it with false lashes but I'm sure it would be fine to use after curling your lashes.

It does form little tubes around your lashes and it definitely does stay put all day. (You see all the little tubes coming off when you clean with warm water at then end of the day- very unusual).

The only thing I didn't like was the look. It really clumps your lashes together so you look like you have just come out the shower (iykwim):eek:

I found that if i used a little pin to seperate all my lashes before the mascara dried it really helped but I got fed up with this after a few days.

The trial size is free and you only pay for postage. You then get a money off voucher for future purchases so it's worth trying.

Did you contact Blinc themselves? If so, you might be better off contacting Cosmetic Lab. They retail it and are really good about advice and so on.

Cosmetic Lab

Hi
I have used blinc in the past so I can offer my humble opinion. It will last and it wont run if you cry etc and it does exactly the job it claims to do. Although Elliebee is quite correct with what she said about the finished look, it does kind of clump lashes together and they are then very difficult to then separate without the little tubes that have formed coming away. I would get a sample have a try and take it from there. hth

I have ordered a sample now for us both to try but I have to say I won't be ordering full size from them if I do like it, I am appalled at how they ignored 2 emails!

Hiya, my first ever message! ...
Does any one know if there are other companies out there that sell something similar to this lasting mascara, as i'd like to try a few and then i come come back on here and share my experinces with every one x

Hiya, my first ever message! ...
Does any one know if there are other companies out there that sell something similar to this lasting mascara, as i'd like to try a few and then i come come back on here and share my experinces with every one x

I'm sure Pout had one that tubes the lashes, don't know if they still do it. I've never experienced clumping with the Blinc, although you do have to get your coats on and separate the lashes within about a minute before it sets.

Clinique high impact curling mascara (I think that's what it's called) Is fab! Bit of a pain to remove but never smudges and I didn't have a problem with it clumping together other than when I put a few too many coats on. It was perfect for my holiday. I'm only speaking from personal use but hope it's some help x

UPDATE: There are pros and cons for this mascara.

Pros: The only mascara I have found to NOT flake off at all (I mean zero!) and my eyes didn't water any more than they do without eye make-up so it is a hit with me. I even tried wearing it overnight and the next day to see what the effects would be and it stayed looking perfect until I removed at the end of day 2. I have been told it can be worn for 2 weeks but wouldn't fancy that.

Cons: The curl has dropped within an hour every time I have put this on :-(( Blinc recommend a heated curler on their website, are these better? The wand that comes with this mascara does tend to have the same effect as the green and pink maybelline mascara which I don't like the look of, so I have been using a different wand with it. I tried using this on strip lashes this past weekend and it ruined them, I just couldn't get it off them and then when I did the strip lashes curled up and were just no good. The Blinc website does say they are suitable for use on false eyelashes so this is a shame.

All in all I'm not sure whether to continue with it or not, my eyelashes are naturally quite straight so if I found a way this would hold a curl it would become my new favourite mascara.

You could always try the LVL lift from Nouveau. This lifts the lashes from the root and is great for straight lashes. Nouveau reckons it lasts 6 weeks but I've found it lasts about 8 weeks.
The blinc mascara could then be used and you wouldn't have to worry about them dropping.

Hi-have you heard of the LVL procedure being done/taught in the US?

I use blinc but and it certainly doesnt budge all day but the only problem is it doesnt give much volume, so i apply my Jane iredale mascara, to get the volume and a tiny coat of blinc, holds it there all day! :biggrin:

Hiya, yes I've heard of LVL and it sounds great, I'm on a tight budget though, hence the £5 strip lashes, lol!

Thought I'd update....I have found the heated eyelash curler to be amazing, especially if used after mascara application so I am now a full time blinc user and I will never go back to 'normal' mascaras. I also have the primer to use when I want more volume and length as I found doing more coats of mascara just wasn't working.

I have now decided to start retailing this range :)

Latest posts

Back