Blinc mascara

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the Chinese government. You cannot trust that ANY product sold in China is cruelty free as the Chinese government may order tests on any product at any time.

I don't see that changing anytime soon either

Here's the reply I have from the site;

Thank you for contacting us. I’m happy to help with your inquiry! The reason they were probably labeled as “tests on animals” is because they may sell their products in China. Products sold in China have to be tested on animals, it’s one of their government requirements to sell there. So there are many companies that say they do not test on animals and they may not for the products sold in the US but if they sell products in China, they have to be tested on animals and if any part of a company does animal testing we label the whole company as doing animal testing.

Hopefully this information proves helpful but do contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Marlene Frost | Customer Care Consultant |Paula’s Choice | Toll free: 800-831-4088
1030 SW 34th Street, Suite A, Renton, WA 98057-4810
paulaschoice.com | cosmeticscop.com | beautypedia.com

I shall await the reply from blinc but not holding my breath :irked:

Swissdermyl sells product into China and again, I can state categorically that it has not been tested on animals.

How is this as I thought every product sold in China MUST be tested on animals first??

Each product is made up of many components.
At some point in the long distant past, when animal testing was considered ok, there is the possibility that some of those components will have been tested on animals.
For manufacturers selling into China as long as they can attest that those components have been tested according to the government's requirements then the finished product does not need to be so tested.
For example, with SwissDermyl they will take some matrixyl from x manufacturer, some hyaluronic acid from y manufacturer, some acmella from z manufacturer, put it all together and make a skin product. SwissDermyl will not test that finished product on animals, and they will choose from raw ingredient manufacturers who don't test on animals, but there is a possibility that way back in the supply chain there may have been some animal testing.

I thought also, that if all the ingredients were on an approved list that the product didn't have to be tested. But I can't find any solid evidence that that is correct. And I've read that the Chinese government can order tests at any time, so you can never guarantee that a product sold in china is cruelty free.

I don't know what is true anymore, so I now just avoid anything sold there.

Hi MaisyMouse,

I am reaching out today directly from blinc Corporate Headquarters in Boca Raton Florida. blinc DOES NOT TEST on animals and we DO NOT distribute our products in China. The information you have received is completely erroneous; I am contacting Paulaschoice.com / beautypeida.com as the information listed on their site(s) is defamation of our brand. If you have any questions concerning our brand I urge you to contact us directly.

Sincerely,
Nicole Teriaca
Brand Management
[email protected]
Main: 1-877-454-7763
Direct: 1-561-300-2734

Hi MaisyMouse,

I am reaching out today directly from blinc Corporate Headquarters in Boca Raton Florida. blinc DOES NOT TEST on animals and we DO NOT distribute our products in China. The information you have received is completely erroneous; I am contacting Paulaschoice.com / beautypeida.com as the information listed on their site(s) is defamation of our brand. If you have any questions concerning our brand I urge you to contact us directly.

Sincerely,
Nicole Teriaca
Brand Management
[email protected]

Thank you for the reply, as day two and I have heard absolutely nothing from the uk blinc distributors!! Not a good sign for blinc as I already have my order ready for dreamweve. At least they should have replied by now. I expected nothing less for them though, so irrelevant of the out some I'm giving up on blinc uk! But if the information that I found is incorrect I hope you get it sorted.

Hi MaisyMouse,

Sincerely,
Nicole Teriaca
Brand Management
[email protected]

I would like to thank you for this. I am one of blinc UK's wholesalers and despite repeatedly stating the blinc is NOT tested on animals clearly my word is not good enough. I would also like to add that I contacted the mods about this thread as I too considered the Paula's choice entry to be defamatory but they chose not to do anything about it.

I would like to thank you for this. I am one of blinc UK's wholesalers and despite repeatedly stating the blinc is NOT tested on animals clearly my word is not good enough. I would also like to add that I contacted the mods about this thread as I too considered the Paula's choice entry to be defamatory but they chose not to do anything about it.

I asked for proof, telling me something is not tested on animals but is sold in China is not proof I'm afraid, when I am led to believe everything sold in China has to be tested on animals. I am concerned that products I use in my salon are not tested on animals and so are a lot of my clients. When saw this I was very annoyed, and yet still no one has explained to me why it is on this website as being one that tests! Why have blinc uk not responded? Deleting this thread without a proper explanation I think would not be helpful and just make me suspicious. If it is wrong on that website then it needs to be sorted, but this is something I feel very strongly about and seeing that after I have stocked blinc for years selling (and buying a lot of stock!) it to my clients under what may be false pretences would annoy anyone.

Last edited:
Oh and it was a client that came in and told me about this site and had seen that blinc was on it and that as she was led to believe that I do not use products tested on animals she told me about this infront of two other clients! So can you not clearly see that this has affected my business and my clients trust in me!:irked:

Hi MaisyMouse,

Sincerely,
Nicole Teriaca
Brand Management
[email protected]

I am so glad that you responded Nicole! I only recently bought your mascara and love it. So, now we all know for sure that your products are not tested on animals!

I have to say that after looking at the Paula's Choice website, it is hard to have confidence in a company that rates products as if they are some objective third party when in fact they sell their own competing brand.

I love Blinc and I've been handing out samples to my clients this week. I've got a lady in tomorrow who is off to Cuba next week doing a 5 day cycle ride for a cancer charity. I'm going to give her a mini one and ask her to really put it to the test for me.

Thank you for the reply, as day two and I have heard absolutely nothing from the uk blinc distributors!! Not a good sign for blinc as I already have my order ready for dreamweve. At least they should have replied by now. I expected nothing less for them though, so irrelevant of the out some I'm giving up on blinc uk! But if the information that I found is incorrect I hope you get it sorted.

Good Morning MaisyMouse,

I have alerted our UK Distributor personally regarding this matter. I am unsure as to why the CS department hasn't responded to your inquiries and addressed your concerns. If you would be willing to email your personal contact information I will pass that along and perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.

In terms of Paula's Choice we are in no way affiliated with the company or any of its subsidiaries, we do not distribute product to them or any of their subsidiaries, and are unsure as to why they have defamatory information on their site regarding our position on animal testing and take it one step further to support that claim with false information.

As you can imagine it is impossible to monitor all that is written on public domain and the Internet is full of misinformation; however when situations like this arise it offers us the opportunity to right the wrong. PaulasChoice.com will have that information removed from their site in short order!

Thank you for taking the time to respond and once again I apologize on behalf of blinc for the lack of customer service you received.

Have a wonderful day,

Nicole Teriaca

Nicole Teriaca
blinc Inc.
Brand Management
[email protected]

Last edited:
I love Blinc and I've been handing out samples to my clients this week. I've got a lady in tomorrow who is off to Cuba next week doing a 5 day cycle ride for a cancer charity. I'm going to give her a mini one and ask her to really put it to the test for me.

Good Morning!

Wonderful...we would love to hear what the results are! We have had many athletes "put us to the test" and to this day we still become really excited to hear individual experiences with our products.

Keep us posted!

Nicole Teriaca

Nicole Teriaca
blinc inc.
Brand Management
[email protected]

Oh and it was a client that came in and told me about this site and had seen that blinc was on it and that as she was led to believe that I do not use products tested on animals she told me about this infront of two other clients! So can you not clearly see that this has affected my business and my clients trust in me!:irked:

I'd be furious if that happened to me. However, I'm struggling to understand why you chose to believe something off an inherently provocative website when it clearly states on blinc UK's own website that no animal testing goes on, for which I provided a link, AND on the manufacturer's own website too.

Genuine query.

Slightly off topic but I'm quite intrigued to try it. Lynne do you sell them singly for me to try as you're only down the road. :)

I would also like to add that I contacted the mods about this thread as I too considered the Paula's choice entry to be defamatory but they chose not to do anything about it.

I am glad that this situation has now been resolved and to have confirmation straight from the manufacturers is the best possible outcome.
A lot of people will now have learned a lot from this.

The Moderation Team chose not to act on this as who was to say what was defamatory? We thought it best for the people in the know i.e. the distributors to provide the information to dispute claims made.
That is exactly what has happened, one of the UK distributors has provided information and then the manufacturers have also categorically informed everyone that Blinc is not tested on animals.
The best result all round, and would not have happened if this thread had been cut short.

Last edited:
Good Morning MaisyMouse,

I have alerted our UK Distributor personally regarding this matter. I am unsure as to why the CS department hasn't responded to your inquiries and addressed your concerns. If you would be willing to email your personal contact information I will pass that along and perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.

In terms of Paula's Choice we are in no way affiliated with the company or any of its subsidiaries, we do not distribute product to them or any of their subsidiaries, and are unsure as to why they have defamatory information on their site regarding our position on animal testing and take it one step further to support that claim with false information.

As you can imagine it is impossible to monitor all that is written on public domain and the Internet is full of misinformation; however when situations like this arise it offers us the opportunity to right the wrong. PaulasChoice.com will have that information removed from their site in short order!

Thank you for taking the time to respond and once again I apologize on behalf of blinc for the lack of customer service you received.

Have a wonderful day,

Nicole Teriaca

Nicole Teriaca
blinc Inc.
Brand Management
[email protected]

Thank you for your response! I have still had no reply from blinc uk, but I was not expecting one as they never responded to me when I asked for an up to date pricelist and it took me 5 phone calls to eventually be able to place an order. I'm pleased the products are not tested on animals and can confirm this to my clients, I hope you are able to get it sorted and have that info removed, if you could please let me know why you listed as a tester on the site I would be grateful! I guess that this has been a good thing for you as I have been able to find some false information about your products which could affect sales!

I am still trying the other product purely on the fact that blinc uk are not bothered, so I'm afraid I may switch anyway for that reason.

I do appreciate your responses though so thank you for that!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back