Blistering after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi I’ve been waxing for a few years now and yet every now and again I will do an eyebrow or lip wax and the lady will suddenly get a small red patch that stings. I’ve tried everything ie: skin tight, only go over once, add a thin layer of talc, check the temperature, any ideas, it’s such a pain ‍♀️

Hormones, sun exposure, very dry skin are some of the pit falls with waxing these delicate areas. You have taken off a small amount of the uppermost layer of skin. The clients' temperature at certain times of the month will cause this. It can cause you an enormous amount of distress and doubt in your abilities. Plus it looks unsightly on your client.

Hot wax (hard wax) that sets is kinder to the skin as it shrink wraps around the hairs and causes less skin to be removed than with the strip wax method.
I am talc trained before waxing but there are others on this forum that apply the tiniest amount of oil before waxing.
Hope that helps.

Thanks I do use a small amount of talc, maybe I shall try a little bit of oil as well

I think it's meant to be either/ or not both. I am talc trained so hopefully an oil trained geek will advise.

I use a tiny bit of oil under both strip wax and hot wax on eyebrows.

It depends on your wax. You need your client’s skin to be hydrated. I use plenty of prewax gel. I wipe over to remove make up and assess the skin and then wipe over again to prepare skin for waxing. My wax likes the skin to be “dewy” but not actually wet.

I’ve trained with brands that don’t have a pre-wax gel but instead use a liquid prep. With these brands you can put a drop of post wax oil on your moistened cotton pad and that gives you just the right amount.

Hi I use perron rigot rose wax for eyebrows its a hard wax and you use a tiny amount of perron rigot jasmine oil before you apply the wax. The oil protects the skin and the wax shrink wraps around the hair. I love it and it very effective bit pricey but then you charge more. I also started using the oil before tea tree warm wax on other parts of the body especially on the knees and the front of the foot where it can be dry. I was talc trained as well and the thought of putting oil on before a wax was alien to me but honestly I am a convert as it really does protect the clients skin and I've only had excellent results. Hope this helps

I have found this if a client is using retinol based products or steroid creams. If they have had a hot bath or sun exposure before attending their appointment. X

Latest posts

Back