Blocked pore on my back???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelly

Reaction score
Do any of you have any suggestions for treatment of suspected blocked pore that is in the middle of my back, on my spine. This is creating a raised lump which irrates me. I have checked this out with my doctor who said is was a sebaceous cyst. The salon that I visit on a regular basis could not help.

I have tried exfoliating, putting on decleor balm to draw stuff out and using different spot creams. All have failed. Do any of you have any words of wisdom to add??

Any help would be gratefully received.:lol:

Hi hun!!! Just googled it on your behalf and there is pages of info on the wee critters!!!!
Go the a couple of sites and get as much info (so that you also don't end up doing more harm than good to yourself regarding treatments at home...)

I would also suggest going back for a chat with your gp about this, it IS why they are there for as well!!!!

Take care!!!!!:hug:

Thanks Christel. I will have a look on the web. But looks like I'm off to the GP to see what he can suggest.

But looks like I'm off to the GP to see what he can suggest.
I think that's the best option :green:
My hubby had one on his back, it was removed under local anaesthetic at the doctor's surgery, he had a couple of stitches and it healed really quickly.

Have you tried putting Savlon on it? It's strange the doctor didn't do something to help it. Maybe they though it would go down on it's own. Definitely go back if it is persistent. x

No, no help from us they are a doctors thing.Even if you can squeeze anything out (which you shouldnt because they can be very nasty if they get infected)they will come back.They are in a kind of sac and they have to be surgically removed.

Try Direct high frequency treatment on it. (ask your local salon)
promise it'll work!

I had one on my back,
i used to call it my third boob lol, because it got so big over the space of two years,
i had mine removed in a surgery with just the jabs to numb the area, i never felt a thing and it has never come back,
i agree go see your GP again hun :hug:

Thanks everyone. I am off to docs this afternoon and will see what he suggests. Have to admit I do not like the sound of removal and stitches:cry::eek:....I am more into pampering pleasure than pain.

Let us know what they said!!!!!

xx

Thanks everyone. I am off to docs this afternoon and will see what he suggests. Have to admit I do not like the sound of removal and stitches:cry::eek:....I am more into pampering pleasure than pain.
Aww hunny it does not hurt you at all, i promise, and after a few month you can hardly tell hth

Hi all
Seems that the doctors solution is as you suggested! Needs to be surgically removed due to where it is. But not rushing into it. He thinks it would be better to let it get slightly bigger as it would be easier to remove. Should make a nice feature on holiday this year!
Thanks again.

Hi

My husband has had one of these removed. He assures me it was pain free and not a problem. I'd be a bit scared myself like you but he says he didn't feel a think and I can tell you that although he did have a little scar initially, you can't see it at all now.. it's faded really well.

Hope it works out ok for you :hug:

Latest posts

Back