Blog spot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahlash

Reaction score
I'm very new & trying to start up a mobile eyelash extension business. I was wondering if it's ok to use "blogspot" as a website for now but instead of "blogging" have a static page with prices & pictures etc?
I'm only doing this part time at the mo (around 2 young children) so trying to keep costs at a minimum for now x
Has any one done this? X

Why not just do a free site, there are many options out there, Moonfruit, Yola, Googlesites etc. Quick, easy and free.

If you're just after the blogging element, blogspot is fine (but considered a little 'uncool' at the moment for some reason). Personally, I'd look at:

• Posterous
  • Wordpress
  • Tumblr

Wordpress is my usual 'go to' blogging platform, as you can self host and it's a little more flexible, but that flexibility means it's a little more complicated than the others. After that, I'd go with Posterous, but it's just a matter of personal preference.

No that's the thing I don't want to blog I just want a place where I can tell clients to look for prices, pictures & details etc that isn't £30 odd quid a month. I didn't realise I could set up a free website? How do I go about doing one? (sorry- I'm not thick I just don't fully understand how it works!) x

I've had a multitude of free sites/blogs over the years.

I was paying a ton of money to have a wordpress hosted site with my own domain. I recently switched to Blogger's free blog and you can buy your own domain name for 10 bucks for the year. (I should add that was in US funds) I wanted a site that had a professional sounding domain, but without the high price tag. So far, it's been exactly what I needed - quick and easy to update and minimal cost. HTH.

No that's the thing I don't want to blog I just want a place where I can tell clients to look for prices, pictures & details etc that isn't £30 odd quid a month. I didn't realise I could set up a free website? How do I go about doing one? (sorry- I'm not thick I just don't fully understand how it works!) x

If you're not looking to actually create a blog, there's a range of free website creation things available, like Yola, Moonfruit, squarespace, wix - can't say I've used any personally, as I prefer to host things myself and retain full control, so couldn't recommend any specifically.

Latest posts

Back