Blogs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
My web designer recommended me doing a blog to up my SEO.

I'm keen on the idea but stumped. I've never got into blogging, reading them or writing them.

What sort of things would you write about. How often etc etc.

I've recently started a blog purely because my sister mentioned that I buy so much make up and beauty products that I should blog and review them all.

I did a 30 day challenge to start me off and blogged everyday wether it be just a photo of something from my day with a little description, a review of a product or my make up for the day etc.
I now blog at least once a week.

I think reading a few blogs along the lines of what you want to blog about would help you x

Blogs are a big bonus to SEO if written correctly and for purpose. It's all about using your keywords in the right place and making sure you have the right keyword density. You want to right about 500 words if possible per post. If required you can get decent writers to do blog posts on a subject of your choice for around £15 for 500 words.

Get pintrest and search blog tips every pin has a link to a website FULL of interesting hints and tips!

I genuinely diddnt know blogging could up your seo, how can I find out more about the keywords needed @BannerPenguin

Get pintrest and search blog tips every pin has a link to a website FULL of interesting hints and tips!

I genuinely diddnt know blogging could up your seo, how can I find out more about the keywords needed @BannerPenguin

Didnt occur to me that I could look on Pinterest

Last edited:
Blogs are huge for seo and what's even better if you can get a blogger to write about your service or business and link it back to your website. You can get a few tips here it might help https://hiveapp.wordpress.com

Regards

Kim

Keywords will depend on the individual and what they're trying to rank for but its a bit of an art as it has to look natural and have good readability without it being obvious you have put your keywords in :)

Latest posts

Back