Blonde advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have a new lady coming to me who has base 3 hair and wants to be blonde. She has been having highlights for 6 months now with her previous hairdresser and used to tint her own hair black with a semi permanent box dye 2.5 years ago ( has very long hair). Has 2 inches regrowth and 90% of the hair on top is bleach blond from the many highlights. The ends have very poor elasticity and look like they are rather over processed. My first thoughts are just to foil roots but she really wants a full head colour, please can anyone give me words or wisdom?

Well if the condition of the hair allows to roots with 9% and then do the ends with pastel and tone it.. That's what I would do.. X

Hi Geeks, I have a new lady coming to me who has base 3 hair and wants to be blonde. She has been having highlights for 6 months now with her previous hairdresser and used to tint her own hair black with a semi permanent box dye 2.5 years ago ( has very long hair). Has 2 inches regrowth and 90% of the hair on top is bleach blond from the many highlights. The ends have very poor elasticity and look like they are rather over processed. My first thoughts are just to foil roots but she really wants a full head colour, please can anyone give me words or wisdom?

How light have they managed to get the ends and the rest of her hair? If theres alot of colour build up and damage id suggest to her a really good cut first. (If she'd let you..) xx

The bleached bits have lifted to a warm 9. I don't think she's going to let me cut a lot off in a hurry. I've suggested just to continue with the foils just on the roots on top and put through the lengths underneath until it takes the underneath lighter then continue with foils from then onwards but she really wants full head rather than highlights eventually.

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot color brush. Haha. A natural 3 should never attempt being a blonde. It will destroy her hair, and with all that history, it will take a LONG time to get a true even result. I never take a natural 3 above a 6, and only in highlights form. If she isn't willing to be realistic about her hair, I would send her down the street. Not every dollar is worth the hassle.

The bleached bits have lifted to a warm 9. I don't think she's going to let me cut a lot off in a hurry. I've suggested just to continue with the foils just on the roots on top and put through the lengths underneath until it takes the underneath lighter then continue with foils from then onwards but she really wants full head rather than highlights eventually.

I agree with MTHAIR ^^
With some clients you just have to be firm and tell them what will look good an what will not. Trust your insticts, if her hairs in bad condition already and she wont let you cut it to a healthier state, i wouldnt risk making that worse either and it will look bad on you and your business xx

I'm inclined to agree to be honest, what suggestion could I put forward to her, I'd prefer to give her an alternate option rather than just send her down the road as she is one of my lash customers too.

I'm inclined to agree to be honest, what suggestion could I put forward to her, I'd prefer to give her an alternate option rather than just send her down the road as she is one of my lash customers too.

Id offer my opinion on what I think would look nice.
If she insists on staying that blonde and youre still willing to do the root foils you could offer her that again and explain why u cant do what she wants.. Whats the reason she wants all over colour? Her roots will be through after a week! X

Its because she wants it all blonde rather than seeing any of her natural colour though, will give her some options and see where I go from there, thanks for the advice peeps x

Latest posts

Back