Blonde client with banding wants to go dark brown, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monavegas

Reaction score
Hello! I have a client who I took from a lvl 2 to a lvl 9 around a month ago. she went to live with her sister for a couple of months and got her roots retouched somewhere else and eeeeek! It looks absolutely horrible!! She doesn’t know what volume developer was used but it must have been too low as her roots are a level 8, her mids are a level 10 (I’m guessing the stylist overlapped) and her ends are a level 9. She’s really upset and wants to go back to a level 4N. Problem is I’ve never filled unevenly bleached hair and I am too scared of her hair snapping off to get an even base. Her mids are really porous and I feel like they might grab onto the pigments really quick. I’m using L’oreal Majirel 8,34 and 6,46 to fill. Any advice on how to proceed?

Id use dialight to fill with 6vol. The ammonia in Maji won’t help the condition or last as long in the hair, and as dialight is acid based will help. You’ll need to use lvl6 to fill as you need a red undercoat for lvl 4.
So if it’s a cool 4 use even amounts 6.3 + 6.34 dialight with 6vol
if it’s a warm 4 use either 6.34 or 6.64 dialight 6vol.
HTH

Also if the ends are porous 1/2 the development time on all the services for the porous parts. It won’t go too dark then, but lvl4 is quite dark anyway

Latest posts

Back