Blonde going brunette, Matrix users help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becksnor

Reaction score
I have got a client coming in later this week she currently has a ombré natural root level 5, mid section is a level 8 gold/ orange and ends a level 9 she wants to go back to her natural level with some different tones in she really likes the 5m/6m colours.
My problem is matrix have discontinued most of the level 6 copper colours in colour sync which is what we normal use and the only other one I can think it going to be the right tone to fill the hair is the 8cg which I think might be to light, what would you guys suggest my salon only uses matrix. Thanks in advance.

I have got a client coming in later this week she currently has a ombré natural root level 5, mid section is a level 8 gold/ orange and ends a level 9 she wants to go back to her natural level with some different tones in she really likes the 5m/6m colours.
My problem is matrix have discontinued most of the level 6 copper colours in colour sync which is what we normal use and the only other one I can think it going to be the right tone to fill the hair is the 8cg which I think might be to light, what would you guys suggest my salon only uses matrix. Thanks in advance.
Do you have an orange or red intensifier/mix tone? Add some if this to it?

Hi yes I do have the copper and red boosters I have just had another girl recommend for me to use the 7m in colour sync to prepig/fill the hair obviously wash and dry it then go over it with the 5m in permanent and put the other tones in foils do you think that would work or would I be just best to use the copper first.

Hi yes I do have the copper and red boosters I have just had another girl recommend for me to use the 7m in colour sync to prepig/fill the hair obviously wash and dry it then go over it with the 5m in permanent and put the other tones in foils do you think that would work or would I be just best to use the copper first.
Hmm what tones are in a M? Don't forget you have to replace what's been taken out.

the M stands for mocha the tones in that is gold and red violet. Yeah that's what I have always thought you need to replace the tones but she said she has done it before and said that the copper might look too orange under the level 5 mocha colour

Or the other option I thought when she said that was 7wm which is mahogany with gold and copper tones might be better to fill with than just straight 7m

I think I would go for the 7wm. A 5 will definitely cover a 7!

Ok great thank you so much for your help

Latest posts

Back