Blonde/light brown back to natural grey colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
So my mother in law has decided over lockdown that she wants her hair to be taken to her natural grey colourings so she doesn't have to colour it anymore.

Am I right in thinking I would need to lift the hair using bleach to a light blonde and then tone with different greys to achieve a natural colour like her roots. Or is there another way to achieve it that I don't know about?

Her hair does not take well to bleach atall. It's fine and causing it to become dry and very brittle from the slightest bit of bleach.

At the moment we use a base 8 with low lights put through every few goes, and the odd bleach foil probably every 6 months.
The hair hasn't been coloured in about 14 weeks.

If I was to try and tone it in its current state I believe it would go greeny?

Its quite salt and peppery on the crown but she wants it to be lighter grey like the front of her hair.

Could anyone give me some advise please?

I'll attach some pictures of her hair at the moment.

Thank you.
IMG-20200615-WA0023.jpeg
IMG-20200615-WA0020.jpeg

So my mother in law has decided over lockdown that she wants her hair to be taken to her natural grey colourings so she doesn't have to colour it anymore.

Am I right in thinking I would need to lift the hair using bleach to a light blonde and then tone with different greys to achieve a natural colour like her roots. Or is there another way to achieve it that I don't know about?

Her hair does not take well to bleach atall. It's fine and causing it to become dry and very brittle from the slightest bit of bleach.

At the moment we use a base 8 with low lights put through every few goes, and the odd bleach foil probably every 6 months.
The hair hasn't been coloured in about 14 weeks.

If I was to try and tone it in its current state I believe it would go greeny?

Its quite salt and peppery on the crown but she wants it to be lighter grey like the front of her hair.

Could anyone give me some advise please?

I'll attach some pictures of her hair at the moment.

Thank you. View attachment 210268View attachment 210269
I would definitely look at lifting it more. For the hair to stay a cleaner colour, even when coloured to silver, it's best if the hair is a level 10 to start with.
Bleach + 1.9% should be enough to lift the hair. I'd probably do foil work. I think I'd go for a full head babylight with cream bleach (is known to be kinder) + 1.9% and then colour the rest of the hair that's left out with colour touch 7/89. Leave to process, rinse and tone the highlights with 2 part 10/6 + 1 part 8/81.

Perfect thank you so much for your help. Is the 10/6 and 8/81 colour touch too please? What would you mix them with?

Perfect thank you so much for your help. Is the 10/6 and 8/81 colour touch too please? What would you mix them with?
Yeah they're colour touch too. I'd always mix with 1.9% when you're wanting to deposit only :)

Perfect thank you so much for your help [emoji813]️

Latest posts

Back