Blonde now purple and hating it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmi2506

Reaction score
Ok so im a natural base 6 amd managed over time to get to a base 8-9. So i wanted a root shadow did this at college and we used 6.1 and 8.96 wella for the root and it went green. I asked the tutor why this happened and no body new. So we picked a colour 55/66 wella and went with that only as a root colour combed down. I hate it it has made my ends slightly pink and much darker and how on earth am i foing to get rid of thay purple. I cannot really bleach too much as had so much bleach in the past. Is there any options or am i to try and rock the purple

Ok so im a natural base 6 amd managed over time to get to a base 8-9. So i wanted a root shadow did this at college and we used 6.1 and 8.96 wella for the root and it went green. I asked the tutor why this happened and no body new. So we picked a colour 55/66 wella and went with that only as a root colour combed down. I hate it it has made my ends slightly pink and much darker and how on earth am i foing to get rid of thay purple. I cannot really bleach too much as had so much bleach in the past. Is there any options or am i to try and rock the purple
Are you serious that your tutor couldn't explain why your hair went green after using that formula over pre lightened hair?!?!
I can tell you why... Your base 9 has yellow undertones, you applied 6/1 (green)and 8/69 (violet) the 8/69 would be enough to neutralise the yellow on its own. But as you were dropping 3 levels and adding green, you get much more green in a 6 than you would an 8. So basically you've put a strong green and a pale violet over yellow hair. So the 8/69 would have left you with a neutral 8, but the 6.1 meant that you were dropping even more and adding green. Neutral 8 (yellow undertones) +
Intense green = khaki! To avoid this in the future you should pre pigment the hair with warm colours to replace what has been taken out previously.
Why did you put 55/66on it?
The only option is to use a colour remover. But I definitely wouldn't recommend doing this yourself.

Last edited:
Oh my! I’m really shocked that your tutor didn’t know why it had gone green. :eek:

That’s basic colour theory that a normally experienced hairdresser should definitely know and it’s their knowledge and experience that’s supposed to be guiding and training you. Is this a commercial hairdressing centre or a further education college? Hopefully, the staff working in the salon you’re at will be much more competent.

This is a college. The basics of the colours wouldnt have made green hence why we just didnt know

Are you serious that your tutor couldn't explain why your hair went green after using that formula over pre lightened hair?!?!
I can tell you why... Your base 9 has yellow undertones, you applied 6/1 (green)and 8/69 (violet) the 8/69 would be enough to neutralise the yellow on its own. But as you were dropping 3 levels and adding green, you get much more green in a 6 than you would an 8. So basically you've put a strong green and a pale violet over yellow hair. So the 8/69 would have left you with a neutral 8, but the 6.1 meant that you were dropping even more and adding green. Neutral 8 (yellow undertones) +
Intense green = khaki! To avoid this in the future you should pre pigment the hair with warm colours to replace what has been taken out previously.
Why did you put 55/66on it?
The only option is to use a colour remover. But I definitely wouldn't recommend doing this yourself.
We have just used a colour remover a wella one i belive amd it literally shifted it a shade lighter, my tutor is going to sort it out she said but over time. I think im goig to end up having g a dark root into the lighter ends just hoping its not going to be to dark as i toom so long going blonde. As for why i chose 55/66 i dont know id just had enough of my hair going wrong lol. But all a learning curve for me in the future. As for the colour theory thank you makes sense just not sure why tutor chose those colours if they theory behind would have turned them green

We have just used a colour remover a wella one i belive amd it literally shifted it a shade lighter, my tutor is going to sort it out she said but over time. I think im goig to end up having g a dark root into the lighter ends just hoping its not going to be to dark as i toom so long going blonde. As for why i chose 55/66 i dont know id just had enough of my hair going wrong lol. But all a learning curve for me in the future. As for the colour theory thank you makes sense just not sure why tutor chose those colours if they theory behind would have turned them green
If its a wella colour remover would that be colour renew?. If so, you can use it a few times with zero damage, the results of the second application will probably be much better. You also have to follow the instructions thoroughly! Make sure there's plenty in d product and that you go under heat at the right temperature for the right amount of time.

Latest posts

Back